Pranjal Aggarwal is an Indian student who topped the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) 2023 securing All India Rank (AIR) 4. She became the first rank holder in the female category and second rank holder in the General category of NEET UG 2023.
Pranjal Aggarwal was born on Monday, 31 January 2005 (age 18 years; as of 2023) in Malerkotla, Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She attended Delhi Public School, Dhuri, Sangrur, Punjab. When she was in class 11, she enrolled in M.L. Syal’s Helix Institute in Chandigarh, where she studied for two years for the preparation of the NEET UG examination.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Her father, Vikas Aggarwal, is a cloth merchant, and, her mother, Monika Aggarwal, is a homemaker. She has a brother.
She belongs to the General category.
NEET UG 2023
Pranjal Aggarwal secured All India Rank (AIR) 4 in NEET-UG 2023 by obtaining 715 marks out of 720. Her total percentile was 99.999068. She held the first rank in the female category and second rank in the General category. The exam was held on 7 May 2023, and the result for it was declared on 13 June 2023.
- Pranjal Aggarwal scored 96.6% in her 12th-class examination. Facebook – Delhi Public School Dhuri
- Apart from studies, she also remained active in extra-curricular activities such as painting competitions, speech competitions, and writing competitions during her school days.
- She has a keen interest in writing. A few of her articles were published in the section ‘My Column’ of ‘The Tribune.’
- While studying in class 9, Pranjal Aggarwal participated and secured 1st position at the Zonal level National Science Olympiad. She was rewarded with a Certificate, a Gold Medal, and a prize money of Rs 5000.
- She wanted to become a doctor since she was a child. In an interview, she revealed that either she wanted to become a cardiologist or a neurologist. She further added that she wanted to pursue her further studies at All India Medical Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- In an interview after the announcement of the NEET UG 2023 result, she revealed that she was preparing for the exam for the past two years and used to study for at least 12 hours daily for it. She also said that her parents and teachers guided her and supported her during her preparation. While talking about it in the interview, she said,
My parents and teachers guided and inspired me at every step during my preparation. I have always wanted to become a doctor and therefore was preparing for the exam for the last two years.” Hindustan Times
- In an interview, Pranjal Aggarwal revealed that she never skipped school because of her private coaching. She said that she used to balance her schedule by attending both online and offline classes for private coaching based on her school’s timetable. In the same interview, she gave advice to aspiring students by recommending them to study the NCERT books. She said,
I would advise upcoming aspirants that they can skip any book but not NCERT. You get direct questions from NCERT in the paper. I have come across many candidates who did only NCERT and have scored excellent.” The Indian Express
- She likes travelling and watching films.