Rajesh Madhavan is an Indian actor and director who works in Malayalam film industry. He is known for his appearance in films like ‘Android Kunjappan Ver 5.25’ (2019), ‘Minnal Murali’ (2021), and ‘Prappeda’ (Hawk’s Muffin) (2022).
Rajesh Madhavan was born on Saturday, 1 November 1986 (age 36 years; as of 2023) in Kolathur village (also spelt as Kolthur) of Kasaragod, Kerala, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He attended G. H. S. S. Kundamkuzhy school in Kerala (2007). He holds a master’s degree in visual media.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Light Ash Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Madhavan, is a labourer, while his mother, Ratnavathi, is a homemaker. Rajesh has two sisters, Raji, and Sreeji.
Wife & Children
Rajesh Madhavan is unmarried and has no children.
After earning a master’s degree in visual media, Madhavan worked in some television shows. He later appeared in some television commercials as well.
Rajesh Madhavan debuted in the Malayalam film industry, also known as Mollywood, with the comedy-drama film ‘Maheshinte Prathikaaram’ in 2016; he appeared as a cycle boy in the film.
In 2019, he played the role of Vinu in a science fiction comedy-drama film, ‘Android Kunjappan Version 5.25.’
In 2023, Rajesh played the role of ‘Shankaran Namboodiri’ in a satirical comedy film titled ‘Madanolsavam.’ In the same year, he appeared as ‘Kuthiravattam Pappu’ in the horror thriller film ‘Neelavelicham.’
Rajesh Madhavan appeared in many other films including ‘Nna Thaan Case Kodu’ (2022), ‘Christy’ (2023), and ‘Kallanum Bhagavathiyum’ (2023).
Madhavan’s first film as an assistant director was the 2017 Malayalam-language crime-drama film ‘Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum.’
In 2019, he worked as an assistant director in the film ‘Kumbalangi Nights.’
Rajesh Madhavan has worked as a casting director for some films. He worked in the casting department of the films ‘Jump Cuts: An Anthology and of Shorts’ (2019) and ‘Madappally United’ (2021). In 2022, he worked as a chief casting director for a satire film, ‘Nna Thaan Case Kodu.’ The New Indian Express
Rajesh Madhavan announced his directorial debut film ‘Pennum Porattam’ in 2022; the film was in the pre-production phase.
Rajesh Madhavan won the Best Comedian (Malayalam) Award for the film ‘Nna Thaan Case Kodu’ at the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA), held at the Dubai World Trade Centre, UAE, in September 2023.
- In an interview, Madhavan talked about his college days and revealed that his father wanted him to pursue MBA; however, he couldn’t crack the final round of admission, i.e., interview as he was not proficient in English. Vanitha
- Rajesh Madhavan has performed in many theatrical productions, including a dark comedy theatrical production titled ‘A Very Normal Family’ (February 2019). He played the role of ‘Maheshinte Prathikaaram’ in the play. The play was directed by Roshan Mathew and was premiered at Nishagandhi Auditorium as part of the Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Hindu
- Madhavan never dreamt of working in films. He talked about this, in an interview, and mentioned that his roots in theatre always drew him towards artistic pursuits. Consequently, this passion for art was likely the driving force that eventually guided him into the world of cinema. Onmanorama
- Rajesh once appeared in a short film which was directed by his friend Ravi Kumar. In an interview, Madhavan talked about this and mentioned that actor Unnimaya Prasad, wife of Indian scriptwriter Syam Pushkaran, worked as an associate director for the short film. He added that Pushkaran watched the short film and when he was working on the film ‘Rani Padmini’ as a co-writer, he asked Rajesh if he was interested in acting. Later, Syam Pushkaran and his team members decided to cast him in the 2015 Malayalam film ‘Rani Padmini.’ Onmanorama
- Madhavan, in an interview, responded to queries concerning his physical appearance. He acknowledged that there might be those who question his suitability as an actor due to his lean physique; however, he firmly asserted that he harboured no insecurities about his body. Madhavan added that he doesn’t perceive his body type as an obstacle on his path to success. Onmanorama
- Rajesh is often praised for his compellingly expressive eyes, a compliment he joyfully accepts from his admirers. In an interview, he clarified that the intensity of his gaze isn’t an intentional act to seize attention. Instead, he attributed this unique ability to communicate emotions through his eyes to his extensive training as a theatre artist. Onmanorama
- In May 2023, an intriguing Instagram post by Rajesh created a wave of excitement across social media. The post featured a video of Rajesh alongside actress Chithra Nair with the title ‘Save the Date,’ and the caption read ‘It’s official :)’ Promptly, speculation was rife that Rajesh and Chithra were set to walk down the aisle, as the post presented what appeared to be a wedding invitation card.
- Rajesh Madhavan follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- According to Madhavan’s Facebook profile, his favourite quote is “To be or not to be. That’s not really a question” by Jean-Luc Godard.