Aishwarya Lekshmi is an Indian actress who is popular for working in Malayalam and Tamil films. She gained popularity for her role as Poonguzhali in the Tamil film ‘Ponniyin Selvan: I’ (2021).
Aishwarya Lekshmi was born on Thursday, 6 September 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Trivandrum, Kerala. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She attended the Holy Angels’ Convent Higher Secondary School, Trivandrum and Sacred Heart Convent Girls Higher Secondary School, Thrissur. She studied MBBS at Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences (SNIMS), Ernakulam. Aishwarya Lekshmi – Linkedin
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 36–24–36
Parents & Siblings
Lekshmi’s parents work as government officials.
She is unmarried.
In 2014, she started modelling. She featured on various magazine covers including Flower World, Salt Studio, Vanitha and FWD Life.
She has appeared in commercials for brands such as Chemmanur Jewellers, Karikkineth Silks, La Brenda, Ezva Boutique, Akshaya Jewels, and Sri Lakshmi Jewellery.
Aishwarya Lekshmi made her debut in Malayalam films with the film ‘Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela’ in 2017 as Rachel.
She appeared in various Malayalam films including Mayaanadhi (2017), Argentina Fans Kaattoorkadavu (2019), Laughing Budha (2021), Archana 31 Not Out (2022), and Kumari (2022).
She made her debut in the Tamil industry with the film ‘Action’ (2019) as Meera.
She appeared in Tamil films Jagame Thandhiram (2021), Putham Pudhu Kaalai Vidiyaadhaa (2022), Captain (2022), and Ponniyin Selvan: I (2022).
She made her debut in the Telugu industry with the film ‘Godse’ (2022) as Vaishali.
She appeared in the Telugu film Ammu (2022).
- 2017: Most Promising Actor for the Malayalam film Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela at Asianet Comedy Awards
- 2017: Best Debut – Female for the film Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela at Yuva Awards
- 2017: Best New Face (Female) for the film Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela at Asianet Film Awards
- 2017: Best Female Debut for the film Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela at the 65th Filmfare Awards South
- 2018: Best Actress (Critics) – Malayalam for the film Mayaanadhi at the 7th SIIMA Awards
- 2018: Best Actress for the film Mayaanadhi at Movie Street Film Awards
- 2018: Second Best Actress for the film Mayaanadhi at Kerala Film Critics Association Awards
- 2018: Most Romantic Heroine for the film Mayaanadhi at Vanitha Film Awards
- 2019: Star of the Year for the film Varathan at the Asiavision Awards
- 2019: Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film Varathan at CPC Cine Awards
- 2019: Popular Actress for the film Varathan at Vanitha Film Awards
- 2019: Popular Actress for the film Varathan at 21st Asianet Film Awards
- 2019: Best Actress – Malayalam for the film Varathan at the 8th SIIMA Awards
- 2019: Best Actress for the film Vijay Superum Pournamiyum at Mazhavil Entertainment Awards
- 2019: Best Star Pair (with Asif Ali) for the film Vijay Superum Pournamiyum at Mazhavil Entertainment Awards
- 2022: Best Actress – Malayalam for the film Kaanekkaane at the 10th SIIMA Awards
She owns a Mercedes Benz.
- Lekshmi follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She has a tattoo on the back of her neck.
- As her parents were government employees, they always wanted her to become a doctor and were against her becoming an actor. While growing up, even her relatives told her that she should become a doctor or a teacher. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
Why can’t a woman take up any job that she wants to? Even now, many of us take a second look when we see a woman driving an autorickshaw or a bus? Why should we? Every person should be free to choose the profession he/she wants.”
- Before becoming an actor, she did an internship in 2017 at her own medical college.
- In an interview, she said that she used to miss her class for taking up modelling projects and her college helped her a lot during this time. In the interview, she further added,
I am doing my house surgeoncy now. During my modelling days, I was taking just two or three days of leave for the projects. But now, since I am working on a film, I have to block more dates for the shooting. I am getting good support from my college so that I can manage the course even after the shooting is over.”
- She was very influenced by her character Poonguzhali in the film ‘Ponniyin Selvan: I.’ In an interview, she talked about this and said,
Poonguzhali felt very sexy. Like she was the woman I wanted to be like. Everybody was in awe of her. And like I said, she was smart, she was strong. She could like row across oceans and she could do that like in two nights, three nights. It doesn’t matter to her.”
- According to her, the roles she plays in her films leave a lot of impact on her. In an interview, she said that when she acted in a Telugu film that was based on domestic violence, she was disturbed for a lot of time.
- In an interview, she said that she is open to criticism from her fans. In the interview, she further added,
I value criticism a lot. Even when people are very rude and harsh, I try to find something of value to correct myself. I also get affected by it, and my friends remind me to take it easy and stop reading comments. But when I’m getting so much love, I should also be ready to value the criticism that comes my way.”