Meghana Raj is an Indian film actress. She mainly works in Malayalam and Kannada films.
Meghana Raj was born on Thursday, 3 May 1990 (age 30 years; as in 2020), in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She did her schooling from Baldwin Girls’ High School, Bengaluru. Later, she completed her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Christ University, Bangalore. Wikipedia
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She was born in a South Indian family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Sundar Raj and mother, Pramila Joshai are well-known South Indian actors. She is the only child of her parents.
Relationships, Husband & Children
She got engaged to her long time boyfriend, Late Chiranjeevi Sarja on 22 October 2017, who was a popular South Indian actor. She got married to Chiranjeevi in a Christian wedding ceremony on 20 April 2018 at St Anthony’s Church in Koramangala, Bangalore. Meghana and Chiranjeevi got married in a Hindu wedding ceremony on 2 May 2018.
On 7 June 2020, her husband died of cardiac arrest at the Apollo Hospital in Jayanagar, Bengaluru. She is pregnant with Chiranjeevi’s child.
She acted as a child actor in the theatre play, Jokumaraswamy. In 2009, she debuted as a female lead in the Telugu film, ‘Bendu Apparao R.M.P,’ as Gayatri. In 2010, she debuted in the films of different languages including ‘Punda’ (Kannada), ‘Kaadhal Solla Vandhen’ (Tamil), and ‘Yakshiyum Njanum’ (Malayalam). Initially, her films failed to do well at the box-office. In 2011, she acted in the superhit Malayalam film, ‘Beautiful.’ She has appeared in films like ‘100 Degree Celsius’ (2014), ‘Zebra Varakal’ (2017), ‘Iruvudellava Bittu’ (2018), and ‘Onti’ (2019).
- She is an animal lover and owns a pet dog, Bheema.
- She was supposed to make her debut as an actor in the Kannada film, ‘Krishnaleelai,’ but due to various reasons, the film was shelved.
- Reportedly, she followed a strict diet and exercise routine to get into shape; as she was not getting films due to her weight.
- In 2011, she won ‘The Kochi Times Film Award for Promising Newcomer’ for the film ‘Beautiful,’ and ‘Suvarna Film Award for Best Debut Actress in Kannada’ for ‘Punda.’
- She was ranked 15th in Kochi Times ‘Most desirable Woman 2015’ poll, and 10th in the Bangalore Times ‘Most desirable Women 2015.’