Shakshi Dhoni is the wife of the famous Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Sakshi Dhoni was born as ‘Sakshi Singh Rawat’ on 19 November 1988 (age 30 years; as in 2018) in the Guwahati city of Assam. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She went to Welham Girls’ School in Dehradun, Uttrakhand and completed her schooling from Jawahar Vidya Mandir in Ranchi, Jharkhand. Sakshi did her graduation in Hotel Management from the Institute of Hotel Management in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. Sakshi worked as an Intern in Taj Bengal, Kolkata. She was once the director of Rhiti MSD Alamode Pvt. Ltd, a sports association in New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 46 kg
Figure Measurement (approx.): 34-26-34
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Her father’s name is R. K. Singh, and her mother’s name is Sheila Singh. She has a sister named Abhilasha Bisht and a brother named Akshay Singh.
She got married to the Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, and the couple has a daughter named Ziva.
She met Mahendra in Taj Bengal during her internship there. The couple starting dating from March 2008 and got married on 4 July 2010. Her father-in-law’s name is Pan Singh, and her mother-in-law’s name is Devki Devi.
Her brother-in-law Narendra Singh Dhoni is a politician, and her sister-in-law’s name is Jayanti Gupta.
- Sakshi was seen sitting beside Vindoo Dara Singh during the IPL matches in 2013, which arose controversy about her being Vindoo’s accomplice in the spot-fixing scandal.
- In 2016, a man named Dennis Arora filed a case against Sakshi and three others namely Arun Pandey, Shubhawati Pandey and Pratima Pandey for their alleged involvement in a multi-crore fraud. Sakshi was the director of Rhiti MSD Alamode Pvt. Ltd which had stocks in gym and fitness centre called Sportsfit World. Dennis’s father had the 39 per cent stake at the gym, which was worth Rs. 11 crores and was sold to MSD Alamode Pvt. Ltd. Dennis alleged that his father was only paid Rs. 2.5 crores. However, according to Arun Pandey, Sakshi had already left the company a year ago.
- In 2018, Sakshi was trolled for wearing Manish Malhotra‘s lehenga at her friend’s, Poorna Patel’ s marriage. Many of her friends supported her while a lot of people termed her dress as ‘inappropriate.’
- In 2018, a photo of Sakshi with her husband went viral where Mahendra Singh Dhoni was seen tying her shoelaces with a caption, “You paid for the shoe, you tie them too.” However, she faced immediate backlash from people on social media. The people started trolling her and said that she was nothing without Dhoni and her celebrity status was all because of him. In response, Sakshi posted another photo showing Mahendra Singh Dhoni trying to screw her bracelet, with the caption, “you paid for the band, so you screw it too,” shutting down all the haters.
- Food: Butter chicken
- Film: Twilight Series, Tokyo Drift, P.S. I Love You
- Musician: The Beatles, A. R. Rahman, Enrique Iglesias, Bruno Mars, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban
- Both Sakshi and Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s fathers were employees at MECON, a consultant company in Ranchi.
- Sakshi was introduced to Mahendra Singh Dhoni by Yudhajit Dutta, who was the manager of Mahendra and a friend of Sakshi.
- It was the last day of Sakshi’s internship in Taj Bengal when Dhoni and Sakshi met in the hotel. When Sakshi left, Dhoni asked her number from Yudhajit Dutta and texted her.
- When Dhoni texted her, she thought that someone was pulling a prank on her. She later realised it was M. S. Dhoni.
- She runs a foundation known as ‘Sakshi Rawat Foundation’ that supports orphans.
- Sakshi and actress Anushka Sharma studied in the same school in Guwahati, Assam.
- Her best friend is Poorna Patel, the daughter of politician and businessman, Praful Patel.
- Sakshi is an excellent cook and always takes electric cooker with her whenever she accompanies her husband, M. S. Dhoni on cricket tours.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni says that Sakshi ranks the third in his priority list. First and second are his country and his family respectively.