D. K. Suresh is an Indian politician belonging to the Indian National Congress (INC). He has served as a Member of Parliament (MP) representing the Bengaluru Rural constituency in Karnataka.
Doddaalahalli Kempegowda Suresh aka D. K. Suresh was born in Ramanagara district of Karnataka, India. As per one source, he was born on Sunday, 18 December 1966 (age 56 years; as of 2022), and as per another source, he was born on Friday, 8 April 1966 (age 57 years; as of 2023). He completed his 12th standard at Vivekananda College, Bangalore in 1985. MyNeta He later ventured into the field of social service and politics.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name was D. K. Kempegowda, and his mother’s name is Gowramma. He has a sister and an elder brother, D. K. Shivakumar, who is the deputy chief minister of Karnataka.
Wife & Children
He is divorced and has one son named Keshin Suresh.
602/A6, 18th Cross, Upper Palace Orchards, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore – 560080
He campaigned for the Indian National Congress with his brother, D. K. Shivakumar who has been an active member of INC and MLA since the 1980s.
His first major political break was in 2013 when he won the by-election and became a Member of Parliament (MP) from Bangalore Rural (Ramanagara) constituency after H. D. Kumaraswamy resigned.
He won the 2014 and 2019 general elections from the same constituency.
He is the Vice-Chairman of D.K.S. Charitable Institute Trust, which works to provide clean drinking water in villages facing water shortage. They have set up more than 40 water treatment plants to supply water at a low cost of 10 paise per 1 litre. The trust also helps identify eligible beneficiaries for government welfare schemes. Moreover, they encourage education in rural areas and give cash rewards to deserving students.
Donation to Young India
In September and November 2022, he was interrogated by Enforcement Directorate (ED) in relation to donations, he had made to Young India, a company which operated the National Herald newspaper. He later submitted the documents sought by the CBI. Deccan Herald
Assets & Properties
- Cash: Rs. 22,35,707
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 3,23,01,259
- Bonds, Debentures, & Shares in companies: Rs. 2,10,22,163
- Jewellery: Rs. 23,45,500
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 4,19,35,700
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 248,23,33,118
- Commercial Buildings: Rs. 35,23,01,989
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 16,05,46,120
- He regularly works out in the gym.
- After he became an MP in 2013, his wealth increased by 82% (asset increase of more than Rs 38 crores) within one year, i.e., by 2014.
- In May 2023, he openly declared that he wanted the Congress committee to make his brother, D. K. Shivakumar, Chief Minister of Karnataka after Congress won the 2023 Karnataka elections. When his brother was given the post of Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka, he said that he was not happy; however, he would continue working for Congress.