Dr. Pritam Gopinath Munde is a doctor and an Indian politician representing the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from Beed, Maharashtra. She is a Member of Parliament in Lok Sabha. She is known as the daughter of former BJP leader and cabinet minister Gopinath Munde.
Pritam Munde was born on Thursday, 17 February 1983 (age 38 years; as of 2021), in Beed, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She completed her schooling at St. Columba’s School, Mumbai, and then attended Kishanchand Chelaram College, Mumbai, to pursue a bachelor’s degree. She further completed her MBBS and M.D. in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy from DY Patil School of Medicine, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. MyNeta
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Pritam Munde’s father’s name is Gopinath Munde, and he was a former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Her mother’s name is Pradnya Munde. She has an elder sister, Pankaja Munde, and a younger sister, Yashashari Munde.
Wife & Children
Pritam Munde got married to Gaurav Khade on 11 December 2009. Gaurav works as an IT Professional in a company. They both have a son, Agastya Khade.
After completing her M.D. in Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy, Pritam Munde decided to follow in her father’s footsteps and joined politics. She became the 16th Lok Sabha member after winning a by-election in 2014. Following her win, she was appointed as a Member of the Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes from 2014 to 2019. She was a member of a Standing Committee on Energy (2015-2019) and Health and Family Welfare (2014-2015). In 2019, Pritam Munde was re-elected for her second term in the 17th Lok Sabha elections. Subsequently, she was appointed as the Member of Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes, Member of Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare, and Member of Consultative Committee Ministry of Railways.
Nathra, P.O. Kauthali, Tal. Parli, Vaijnath, Distt. Beed-400030, Maharashtra
- Cash- Rs. 5.90 lakh
- Deposits in banks, financial institutions, etc.- Rs. 56.86 lakh
- Bonds, Debentures, and Shares- Rs. 2.10 crore
- LIC and other insurance policies- Rs. 6.24 lakh
- Personal loans/advances given- Rs. 9.49 crore
- Jewelry- Rs. 15.49 lakh
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 51 lakh
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 3.54 crore
- Pritam Munde is known for winning the general elections in 2014 with a record-breaking margin of 6,96,321 votes from the Beed constituency in Maharashtra.
- Pritam Munde is the daughter of former BJP leader Gopinath Munde. He was the shortest-serving cabinet minister in Indian history because he died in a road accident that took place after he was appointed as the cabinet minister.
- Pritam Munde belongs to a family with a political background. Apart from her father being a senior leader of BJP, she is the niece of Pramod Mahajan, a well-known leader of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and she is a cousin of Rahul Mahajan and Poonam Mahajan. The NCP leader Dhananjay Munde is her cousin brother.
- Pritam Munde’s elder sister, Pankaja Munde, was earlier the MLA of the Parli constituency. In 2020, she was appointed as the National Secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Pankaja Munde and Pritam Munde arranged for a memorial for their late father and senior BJP leader, Gopinath Munde, at the Vaidyanath Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. in Pangri, Maharashtra. A 20-ft tall statue of their father was placed on the premises of the factory, and it was named Gopinath Gad. They started a charitable trust in the memory of their father called the Gopinath Gad Pratisthan from where several social activities, skill development activities, educational scholarships, and other activities are carried.
- Pritam Munde had a Royal Maratha-themed wedding at Shivaji Maratha Preparatory Military School, Pune. The wedding arrangements were done by Wizcraft International, and it was reported that Gopinath Munde had spent more than Rs. 5 crore on the wedding. Many senior leaders of BJP like Rajnath Singh, L. K. Advani, Arun Jaitley, etc., and other leading ministers of various parties attended the wedding.
- Pritam Munde follows a strict fitness regime that includes yoga to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- On 11 July 2021, several BJP officials resigned from their position in the Beed district as a part of the protest against the non-inclusion of MP Pritam Munde in the list of cabinet ministers. During an interview, Pritam Munde said-
We share a very cordial bond with our supporters. It is a long-lasting relationship not based on power or post. They are hurt…”