Karishma Chavan is an Indian dancer and choreographer.
Karishma Chavan was born Friday, 21 March 1986 (age 34 years; as in 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
She did her BA in Political Science from Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai. At the age of 12, she enrolled at Shiamak Davar’s dancing classes and trained there for two almost years.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Her mother’s name is Jennifer Chavan, and her father’s name is Ullhas Chavan. Her parents were a part of the cabin crew of Air India.
She is married to Akhil Uchilker.
Karishma has been in the dance industry for more than 14 years. In 2009, she participated in the reality dance show Indian Dance League, as a part of Kareena Kapoor’s team, Western Yodhas, the winner of the show.
She has done shorts stints on many reality dance shows including Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and Nach Baliye. In 2012, she starred in the music video of the song “Kathagaan” by Kailash Kher.
She made her acting debut with the film ABCD (2013).
She began her career as an assistant choreographer for the films Shanghai (2012) and Gali Gali Chor Hai (2012). She made her Bollywood debut as a choreographer with the 2014 film Dolly Ki Doli.
She has choreographed the songs in the films Khoobsurat (2014), Kick (2014), Hasee Toh Phasee (2012), Fredrick (2016), Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana (2017), Tumhari Sulu (2017), and Veere Di Wedding (2018). She has also choreographed songs in a few Marathi movies. In 2019, she became the captain of the show Dance Plus 5.
- Choreographer: Shiamak Davar
- She likes travelling and dancing.
- She is an animal lover and owns cats and dogs. Her cat’s name is Nona.
- She wished to be a part of Shiamak Davar’s company but faced rejection there. She has also tried her hand at Terence Lewis‘s company and was rejected there too.
- She has also choreographed songs of independent artists. ‘Unstoppable’ by Ananya Birla and ‘Lay You Down’ by Nanok was choreographed by Karishma Chavan.
- She has also choreographed advertisements for brands like Veet and Ajio Trends.
- She has organized workshops across India; encouraging many people to follow their passion.
- Karishma and her husband have the same tattoo on their arms.