Jyoti Rajput Facebook- Shivjyoti Rajput, better known as Shivjyoti Rajput, is an Indian actress and model. She rose to fame after playing the role of Kainaat Alqaazi née Sahani in ALTBalaji’s web series “Bebaakee” (2020).
Shivjyoti Rajput was born on Sunday, 21 November 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
After completing her schooling, Shivjyoti enrolled herself in the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, to pursue a graduation in Global Trade Logistics and Supply Chain Management. She then attended Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Rohini, Delhi, to study business management. Thereafter, she did an MBA in Marketing from Rohtak’s Maharshi Dayanand University. LinkedIn- Shivjyoti Rajput While in college, Shivjyoti was the favourite student of almost every professor and was titled “Miss Popular” on her convocation day.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Not much is known about her parents. Shivjyoti has a younger brother named Love Kumar Rajput.
Shivjyoti belongs to a conservative Rajput family. Indulge Express
Shivjyoti started her career as a Business Development Executive in 2013 with Head Field Solutions Private Limited, an employment agency in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. She worked there for around a year and then joined Mudpie India Communications Private Limited, Gurgaon, as an accounts executive. After hopping on a few jobs, Shivjyoti started working with New Delhi’s IndusInd Bank as a relationship manager. While Shivjyoti was working in the bank, one day she accompanied one of her friends to an audition for an advertisement. On reaching the venue, she too decided to give the audition (just for fun). Apparently, the makers of the advertisement enjoyed her performance and selected her for the TV commercial. Subsequently, she did advertising campaigns for many leading brands like Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, Angel Josephine Skriver, Biba, Head and Shoulders, Dollar, Google Pixel, Samsung Gear Watch, Samsung Refrigerator, and Harpic.
She was also featured in the print advertisements of brands like Titan Eye-Plus and Bikanervala. Meanwhile, she also kept auditioning for films.
As a model, Shivjyoti has shared the screen with many popular Bollywood actors like Akshay Kumar, Ranveer Singh, Sushant Singh Rajput, and Kirron Kher.
She stepped into acting in 2020 by playing the role of ‘Kainaat Alqaazi’ in ALTBalaji’s web series “Bebaakee.” The show also featured Kushal Tandon and Karan Jotwani in prominent roles.
In 2021, she bagged the role of ‘Anita Sharma’ in Disney+ Hotstar’s spy saga “Special OPS 1.5: The Himmat Story.”
As of 2021, she works as a model at TFM Model Management, a modeling company in Mumbai. Rajput is also working as a Project Manager at Trend Prev Magazine in Delhi.
View this post on Instagram
- Food: Pizza, Pasta
- Beverage: Coffee
- Colour: Black
- Actor: Akshay Kumar
- Film Director: Imtiaz Ali
- Shivjyoti enjoys reading books so much that she is often seen immersed in her books on the sets of her shooting, during a break.
- Shivjyoti was once shortlisted for a film. However, the film got shelved later.
- During an interview, Shivjyoti revealed that she was offered the lead in the Bollywood film “Kabir Singh” (2019). However, the role later went to Kiara Advani.
- In an interview, while talking about her acting debut with “Bebaakee” (2020), Shivjyoti said,
I am thrilled to make my debut with this amazing show, produced by ALTBalaji. So far, audiences have only seen me in commercials. Now, I am all set to foray into the digital space and showcase my acting skills. I had an absolute blast working with my co-stars who made me feel at home on set. I can’t contain my excitement and am waiting to see the response from viewers and critics alike. I’m hoping that the audiences will love Kainaat with all their heart and make this show a resounding success.”
- During an interview, while talking about her preparations for the role of ‘Kainaat Alqaazi’ in ALTBalaji’s “Bebaakee,” Shivjyoti said,
With this being my very first show, preparing for the role was so very important. That said, I had very little time on hand to get a grasp of things as I was the last person to be roped in on the show. To catch up, I took a week from the production team and got to speed by watching a couple of Muslim-centric shows where the characters spoke Urdu. Doing so and getting the accent for the show was very important, as that is one of the prime essences of Bebaakee. If I hadn’t nailed the mannerisms of Kainaat, it would have killed the vibe. Kainaat is both a Punjabi as well as a Muslim girl, so I had to strike the perfect balance between saying ‘Haanji papaji’ and ‘Ammi’ on the other side. Watching these shows helped me a lot!”
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- Shivjyoti is fluent in three languages- English, Hindi, and German,
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog.
- In December 2006, Shivjyoti joined Sanskriti Orphanage as a Campaign Volunteer. Since then, she has been working towards improving the conditions of needy children.
- In an interview, Shivjyoti revealed that she belonged to a conservative Rajput family where academics were given considerable prominence. She also shared that initially her parents were against her decision of pursuing acting and modelling as her career and it was her brother who supported her. She said,
My brother was the one who supported me and my dreams. He was the one to convince my parents to give me an opportunity to follow my dreams.”