Shilpa Shinde is one of the most talented TV actresses who became a household name with her impeccable comic timing in TV shows such as – Chidiya Ghar and Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai. She entered the Bigg Boss 11 (2017) house as a celebrity contestantand went on to win the show. Check out Shilpa Shinde Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Boyfriend, Caste, Family, Biography & More
Shilpa Shinde is 40-years-old (born on 28 August 1977) actress who hails from Mumbai. Though she wanted to become a film actress, she ended up being a TV actress. She became a household name after playing the role of Angoori Bhabhi in Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai. Her fame got extended with her stint in the Bigg Boss 11 (2017) house.
Though Shilpa has a pleasing appearance and a charming personality, she has been trolled on social media for her overweight, which is around 65 kg. She is 5′ 4″ tall and carries Indian attire really well.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She hails from a middle-class Scheduled Caste Hindu-Marathi family in Mumbai. Her father is an advocate, and mother, a homemaker.
In 2007, she did a serial called Maayka, during the course of which she fell in love with her co-star Romit Raj. In fact, they were supposed to tie the knot in Goa, but it was called off at the last moment, mainly due to Shilpa’s issues with Ronit’s family.
Shilpa always wanted to be an actress, but her family was against it. Despite that, she started her career with Marathi and Telugu films, but didn’t succeed. Therefore, she decided to do TV serials, and in 2002, she played her first role of a negative character in the serial Bhabhi.
Though she did many serials until 2014, the fame was still missing. In 2015, she played the role of Angoori Bhabhi in &TV’s comedy serial Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai, after which she reached the heights of her fame.
Her catchphrases, such as – “Sahi Pakde Hain,” “Ladoo Ke Bhaiya,” “Haye Daiya, ” and her poor English speaking skills, made her the most lovable character of the show.
Her fairy tale journey in Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai ended in March 2016, when she left the show and filed a case of sexual harassment against its producer Sanjay Kohli. She also filed a defamation case against the producer, CINTAA and Indian Films and TV producers’ council (IFTPC). She took the support of MNS chief, Raj Thackeray, after she was replaced with Shubhangi Atre. Such was her impact on the show that after her exit there was a dip in the viewership of the show.
- Shilpa is a shopaholic and loves to buy embroidery saris by Ritu Kumar. She also likes wearing jeans and tops but doesn’t like extravagant clothes.
- The most expensive outfit she ever bought was a sari that was worth INR 25,000.
- She is a huge fan of Marathi actor Sachin Khedekar, and Bollywood superstar Salman Khan. Her all-time favourite actress is Kajol.
- She is a follower of Indian women cricket team and loves watching Mithali Raj, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Smriti Mandhana in action.
- She is a spiritual person and is a devotee Lord Ganesha & Shirdi’s Sai Baba. She always has a picture of Shirdi’s Sai Baba in her purse.