Siddharth Shukla is an Indian television actor and model. He is best known for playing the role of ‘Shivraj Shekhar’ in Colors TV’s “Balika Vadhu.”
Siddharth Shukla was born on Friday, 12 December 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. His family has its roots in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He did his schooling from Mumbai’s St. Xavier’s High School and went to Rachana Sansad School of Interior Design to pursue his graduation in Interior Designing. He was good at sports in his school days and represented his school in many Tennis and Football competitions. He started modelling when he was in college. In 2004, Siddharth participated in the Gladrags Manhunt competition and emerged as a runner-up of the show.
Height (approx.): 6’ 2”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Siddharth Shukla belongs to a Hindu Brahmin Family. His father, Ashok Shukla is a civil engineer, who works at the Reserve Bank of India. His mother, Rita Shukla is a home-maker. He has two elder sisters.
Siddharth was alleged to be in a relationship with the television actress, Drashti Dhami.
He was rumoured to have a fling with his Balika Vadhu co-star Smita Bansal, who played his on-screen mother-in-law in the serial.
In 2016, it was rumoured that Siddharth was dating Tanishaa Mukerji.
He was also linked to his Dil Se Dil Tak co-star, Rashami Desai.
Siddharth was also rumoured to be in a relationship with the Calendar Girls actress Akanksha Puri.
He is rumoured to be dating the television actress, Arti Singh.
Siddharth Shukla started his acting career in 2008 with Sony TV’s “Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na,” in which he played the role of ‘Shubh Ranawat.’ Next, he appeared in TV serials “Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi,” “Pavitra Rishta,” and “Love U Zindagi.”
In 2012, he played the role of ‘Shivraj Shekhar’ in Colors TV’s “Balika Vadhu” and earned wide popularity. Subsequently, he participated in the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6.”
He made his film debut in 2014 by playing the role of ‘Angad Bedi’ in the Bollywood film “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania.” His performance in the film was liked by the audience and won him an award for Breakthrough Supporting Performance (Male) in the 2015 Stardust Awards.
He has also appeared as a host in TV shows like “Savdhaan India” and “India’s Got Talent 7.” In 2016, he won the reality show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7.”
Siddharth has played the role of ‘Parth Bhanushali’ in the TV serial “Dil Se Dil Tak” opposite Rashami Desai.
In 2019, he entered the game reality show “Bigg Boss 13” as a contestant.
- In 2014, Siddharth was caught driving under the influence of alcohol on the New Year’s Eve. He was fined Rs. 2000 by the Mumbai’s Traffic Police and his license was also ceased for 2 months.
- In July 2018, he was arrested by the Mumbai Police for rash driving. He was driving his car at a high speed and lost his control and hit a divider in Oshiwara. He was booked under sections 279, 337 and 427 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and was released after paying a penalty of Rs. 5000.
- During his stint in Balika Vadhu, Siddharth was in a cold war with the actor, Shashank Vyas, over the role shares.
- There was even a rift between Shukla and his Balika Vadhu co-star, Toral Rasputra. According to reports, things went worse between Sidharth and Toral when they were shooting the honeymoon sequence in Kashmir. The two were not on talking terms after returning from the shoot.
- Siddharth was openly criticised by the actor, Kunal Verma for his bad behaviour on the sets of ‘Dil Se Dil Tak.’ Kunal spoke about Siddhart’s bad behaviour on the sets of the show, where the actor had not just abused him but also had thrown water at him. Kunal said,
He is an unprofessional maniac and a psycho. I think he needs psychiatric treatment again. I heard he had gone to rehab once and I think he needs to visit it again.”
- Reportedly, he also got into a fight with his co-star, Rashami Desai, on the sets of the serial “Dil Se Dil Tak.” Once, he had apparently refused to shoot because his vanity van was smaller than that of Rashami.
- Siddhart is often criticised for being late on the sets of his shows and for creating a ruckus with his bizarre demands.
- Siddharth was even criticised for his poor behaviour with the media. Reportedly, when a reporter quizzed him politely about the reports of him throwing tantrums on the sets of his shows, Siddharth simply removed his mic and walked out of the interview.
- Golden Petal Award for Most Lokpriye Face Male (2012, 2013)
- Golden Petal Award for Best on Screen Couple on Colors with Pratyusha Banerjee (2012)
- ITA Award for GRB! Performer of the Year Male (2013)
- Zee Gold Award for Most Fit Actor Male (2014)
- Stardust Award for Breakthrough Supporting Performance Male for the film “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” (2014)
- HT Most Stylish Actor (2017)
Reportedly, Siddharth gets paid around Rs. 60,000 per episode.
He owns a BMW X5 car.
- Food: Pav Bhaji
- Colour: White
- Perfume: Paco Rabanne
- Travel Destinations: Germany, Spain
- Films: Agneepath, Deewar, Vaastav, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Jab We Met, Fast and Furious
- His hobbies include gymming and travelling.
- Initially, he wanted to be an interior designer but when he saw more scope in modelling and acting, he decided to pursue his career in the same.
- Siddharth likes to read newspapers and magazines to keep himself updated about the happenings around him.
- He has a keen interest in politics.
- Siddharth shared in an interview that he was an introvert and didn’t like partying much.
- He is a fitness freak and visits the gym regularly to maintain his body.
- In January 2014, Siddharth apparently signed a 3-film contract with Karan Johar‘s production house, Dharma Productions.
- In 2015, Siddharth became the first Asian to win the Best Model of the World title in the contest held in Turkey.
- Siddharth became friends with the Bollywood actor, John Abraham, during his modelling days.
- His friends and family members fondly call him Sid.