Sidharth Shukla was an Indian television actor and model. He was best known for playing the role of ‘Shivraj Shekhar’ in Colors TV’s “Balika Vadhu” (2008) and winning the ‘Bigg Boss 13’ (2019) title.
Sidharth Shukla was born on Friday, 12 December 1980 (age 40 years; at the time of death) in Mumbai. His family has its roots in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He did his schooling at Mumbai’s St. Xavier’s High School and went to Rachana Sansad School of Interior Design to pursue his graduation in Interior Designing. He was good at sports in his school days and represented his school in many Tennis and Football competitions. He started modelling when he was in college. In 2004, Sidharth participated in the Gladrags Manhunt competition and emerged as a runner-up of the show.
Height (approx.): 6’
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 16″
Sidharth Shukla belonged to a Hindu Brahmin Family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Ashok Shukla, was a civil engineer and worked at the Reserve Bank of India. Sidharth’s father passed away due to a lung infection when Sidharth was starting his modelling career.
His mother, Rita Shukla, is a homemaker. He had two elder sisters, Preeti Shukla and Neetu Shukla. His elder sister Neetu works as a senior manager works at Nucleus Office Parks, Mumbai.
According to the sources, his first celebrity girlfriend was the Indian TV actress and Bigg Boss 11 winner Shilpa Shinde. Reportedly, she accused Shukla of beating her and once throwing her out of his car which led to their breakup. Zee News India
Sidharth was alleged to be in a relationship with the television actress Drashti Dhami while they were co-contestants in the TV dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 6.’
He was in a relationship with the actress and model Shefali Jariwala. The news of their affair came out in media when the duo was in the ‘Bigg Boss 13’ house in 2019.
He was rumoured to have a fling with his Balika Vadhu co-star Smita Bansal, who played his on-screen mother-in-law in the serial.
In 2016, it was rumoured that Sidharth was dating Tanishaa Mukerji. They met on the sets of the TV reality show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi 7’ as co-contestants. Later, they both were spotted together at various public places.
He was also linked to his ‘Dil Se Dil Tak’ (2017) co-star Rashami Desai. According to the sources, while shooting for the serial they started dating each other but ended in a major brawl. They both participated in ‘Bigg Boss 13’ in 2019.
Sidharth was also rumoured to be in a relationship with the Indian actress and model Akanksha Puri who is famous for being the ex-girlfriend of the Indian TV actor Paras Chhabra.
He was rumoured to be dating the Indian television actress Arti Singh. They both were co-contestants in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 13’ (2019).
Sidharth became friends with his co-contestant Shehnaaz Kaur Gill while they were in ‘Bigg Boss 13’ in 2019. The rumours of their affair started while they were in the Bigg Boss House. Even after the show was over, they were spotted together at various places. Later, there were rumours that they were in a live-in relationship. The Times of India According to a leading Indian newspaper, Shehnaaz was with Sidharth in his last time. The newspaper article further reads,
The actor, who passed away due to a heart attack on September 2, had complained of uneasiness hours before his death. The actor came home at around 9:30 pm after which he started feeling uneasy. His mother and Shehnaaz both were at home at that time. First they gave him nimbu paani and later ice cream to make him feel better, but it did not help him. Sidharth still complained of uneasiness and his mother and Shehnaaz asked him to take rest. Sidharth on the other hand could not sleep hence asked Shehnaaz to be with him and just pat his back. Around 1:30 am, Sidharth slept in Shehnaaz’ lap and the latter then slowly moved away. She too slept and around 7 am when she woke up, she saw Sidharth sleeping in the same position without any movement and when she tried to wake him up, he did not move. Shehnaaz panicked and rushed from 12th floor to 5th floor where his family lived. She informed Sidharth’s sister and they called their family doctor who on arrival informed that Sidharth was no more.”
Post his demise, the news came out in media that Sidharth and Shehnaaz were about to get married in December 2021, and they had booked the marriage venue at JW Mariott, Mumbai. Reportedly, the couple had booked an apartment where they were about to shift post marriage. India Times
Casuarina A, New Link Road, Andheri West, 400053, Mumbai, Maharashtra
As a Model
After completing his graduation, he started his career as a model. In 2004, he participated in the ‘Gladrags Manhunt and Mega Model Contest’ along with the Indian TV actor Abhinav Shukla.
View this post on Instagram
In 2004, he represented India at the World’s Best Model contest in Turkey and became the first Asian to win the title.
Later, he was featured in the music video ‘Resham Ka Rumal’ featuring Monalisa and sung by Ila Arun.
He walked the ramp in many ace fashion shows as a show stopper. He appeared in various TV commercials including Bajaj Avenger, ICICI, Mamaearth, Fair & Lovely, and Digjam.
As an Actor
Sidharth Shukla started his acting career in 2008 with Sony TV’s “Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na,” in which he played the role of ‘Shubh Ranawat.’ Next, he appeared in TV serials “Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi” (2009) and “Love U Zindagi” (2019).
He also appeared in episodic TV shows like ‘Aahat’ and ‘CID.’ In 2012, he played the role of ‘Shivraj Shekhar’ in Colors TV’s popular serial “Balika Vadhu” and earned wide popularity.
Subsequently, he participated in the TV dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6.”
He hosted a few Hindi TV shows like ‘Savdhaan India’ (2014), ‘India’s Got Talent 6’ (2015), and ‘India’s Got Talent 7’ (2016). In 2016, he won the reality show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7.”
In 2019, he entered the TV game reality show “Bigg Boss 13” as a contestant and won the title defeating Asim Riaz in the finale. He became one of the most popular contestants in the ‘Bigg Boss.’ On 15 February 2020, he was declared the winner of Bigg Boss 13. Asim Riaz and Shehnaaz Gill were announced as first and second-runner up, respectively. Click here to check the complete list of Bigg Boss 13 contestants.
His last appearance on TV was on the dance reality show ‘Dance Deewane 3’ in which he appeared as a guest along with Shehnaaz Kaur Gill.
He made his film debut in 2014 by playing the role of ‘Angad Bedi’ in the Bollywood film “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania.” His performance in the film was liked by the audience and won him an award for Breakthrough Supporting Performance (Male) in the 2015 Stardust Awards.
In 2016, he acted in the Kazakh Film ‘Business in Kazakhstan’ in which he played the role of Mr. Chakraborty.
In 2021, he appeared in the Hindi web series ‘Broken But Beautiful 3’ as Agastya Rao.
He appeared as a guest in a Hindi TV show ‘Kitchen Champion’ (2021) along with his elder sister Neetu Shukla.
- In 2014, Sidharth was caught driving under the influence of alcohol on the New Year’s Eve. He was fined Rs. 2000 by the Mumbai’s Traffic Police and his license was also ceased for 2 months.
- In July 2018, he was arrested by the Mumbai Police for rash driving. He was driving his car at a high speed and lost his control and hit a divider in Oshiwara. He was booked under sections 279, 337 and 427 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and was released after paying a penalty of Rs. 5000.
- During his stint in Balika Vadhu, Sidharth was in a cold war with the actor, Shashank Vyas, over the role shares.
- There was even a rift between Shukla and his Balika Vadhu co-star, Toral Rasputra. According to reports, things went worse between Sidharth and Toral when they were shooting the honeymoon sequence in Kashmir. The two were not on talking terms after returning from the shoot.
- Sidharth was openly criticised by the actor, Kunal Verma for his bad behaviour on the sets of ‘Dil Se Dil Tak.’ Kunal spoke about Siddhart’s bad behaviour on the sets of the show, where the actor had not just abused him but also had thrown water at him. Kunal said,
He is an unprofessional maniac and a psycho. I think he needs psychiatric treatment again. I heard he had gone to rehab once and I think he needs to visit it again.”
- Reportedly, he also got into a fight with his co-star, Rashami Desai, on the sets of the serial “Dil Se Dil Tak.” Once, he had apparently refused to shoot because his vanity van was smaller than that of Rashami.
- Sidharth was often criticised for being late on the sets of his shows and for creating a ruckus with his bizarre demands.
- Sidharth was even criticised for his poor behaviour with the media. Reportedly, when a reporter quizzed him politely about the reports of him throwing tantrums on the sets of his shows, Sidharth simply removed his mic and walked out of the interview.
- Golden Petal Award for Most Lokpriye Face Male (2012, 2013)
- Golden Petal Award for Best on Screen Couple on Colors with Pratyusha Banerjee (2012)
- ITA Award for GRB! Performer of the Year Male (2013)
- Zee Gold Award for Most Fit Actor Male (2014)
- Stardust Award for Breakthrough Supporting Performance Male for the film “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” (2014)
- HT Most Stylish Actor (2017)
- 2 Gold Awards for Style Icon of Television Industry (Male) and Style Icon of Social Media (Male) in 2020
Reportedly, Sidharth gets paid around Rs. 60,000 per episode.
- BMW X5 car
- Food: Pav Bhaji and Dal Chawal
- Cuisine: Indian
- Colour: White
- Perfume: Paco Rabanne
- Travel Destinations: Germany, Spain, Austria
- Films: Agneepath, Deewar, Vaastav, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Jab We Met, Fast and Furious
On 2 September 2021, he was brought dead to Cooper Hospital in Mumbai after a massive heart attack. Hindustan Times A day later, on 3 September 2021, his last rites were performed at Juhu, Mumbai where many TV celebrities were present to pay their last tributes to him.
- His hobbies include gymming and travelling.
- Initially, he wanted to be an interior designer, but when he saw more scope in modelling and acting, he decided to pursue his career in the same.
- Sidharth likes to read newspapers and magazines to keep himself updated about the happenings around him.
- He had a keen interest in politics.
- He used to love going on night rides on his motorcycle. In an interview, he talked about his love for bikes. He said,
In 2005, I bought my first bike. I dreamt of owning one since the time I saw Tom Cruise on his bike in Top Gun, that I watched with my sisters,” he recounts. And has he considered the risks of living life on the edge? “It’s safety first for me. I always have my helmet on and on long rides, my complete gear.”
- Sidharth shared in an interview that he was an introvert and didn’t like partying much.
- He was a fitness freak and used to visit the gym regularly to maintain his body.
- In January 2014, Sidharth apparently signed a 3-film contract with Karan Johar‘s production house, Dharma Productions.
- In 2015, Sidharth became the first Asian to win the Best Model of the World title in the contest held in Turkey.
- Sidharth became friends with the Bollywood actor, John Abraham, during his modelling days.
- His friends and family members used to fondly call him Sid.
- While Sidharth was in Bigg Boss 13, he talked to his co-contestants about his smoking addiction and wanted to visit London for his lung cleaning treatment. The Hindustan Times