Sukirti Kandpal is a popular Indian television actress. She is well known for playing the role of Dr Riddhima in ‘Dill Mill Gayye’ (2008).
Sukirti was born on Friday, 20 November 1987 (age 33 years; as of 2020), in Nainital, Uttarakhand. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She did her schooling from St. Mary’s Convent High School, Nainital. Later, she pursued an honours degree in economics from Sophia College for Women, Mumbai. Amar Ujala
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She was born in a well to do family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, B.D. Kandpal, is the former President of the Uttarakhand Bar Association, Deputy Advocate General of Uttarakhand High Court. Her mother’s name is Manju Kandpal. She has an elder sister, Bhavna Kandpal, and a younger brother, Manjul Kandpal.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Yes, I was in a relationship with Manavendra for many years and we wanted to get married, but life doesn’t end up the way you expect it to. We broke up and now, in hindsight, I feel that it was the right decision. I was too young at that time. When you are 22 or 23 years old, you don’t know what’s right or wrong for you. Also, my career had just started then, and I was not sure if I could balance both — marriage and a career.”
Kandpal started her career as an actress in the Hindi TV serial ‘Jersey No. 10’ (2007) in which she played the role of Sakshi. In 2008, she appeared in the episodic TV serial ‘Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai.’ She replaced the Indian TV actress Shilpa Anand as Dr Riddhima Gupta in the popular TV serial ‘Dill Mill Gayye’ in 2008. She got immense popularity with this TV serial, but within 9 months of her entry in the show, she quit the show and was replaced by Jennifer Winget.
Later, she acted in many popular Hindi TV serials including ‘Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo’ (2009), ‘Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani’ (2010), ‘Kaisa Yeh Ishq Hai… Ajab Sa Risk Hai’ (2013), ‘Kaala Teeka’ (2017), and ‘Story 9 Months Ki’ (2020).
Sukirti has appeared as a guest in various TV shows like ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs’ (2009), ‘Koffee With Karan’ (2011; in Vidya Balan’s episode), ‘Punar Vivaah – Zindagi Milegi Dobara’ (2012), and ‘The Bachelorette India: Mere Khayaalon Ki Mallika’ (2013). She has also participated as a contestant in various TV reality shows such as ‘Comedy Circus’ (2010), ‘Meethi Choori No 1’ (2010), ‘Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan’ (2011), ‘Bigg Boss 8’ (2014), and ‘Killerr Karaoke Atka Toh Latkah’ (2015).
In 2013, she acted in the Hindi short film ‘Koi Kuch Karta Kyun Nahin.’ In 2016, she hosted ‘Desi Explorers Jordan’ and ‘Desi Explorers Taiwan.’
She has featured in various TV advertisements including PC Chandra Jewellers Goldlite collection, Hyundai 4S Fluidic Verna The World Sedan, Dove shampoo, Shahnaz Husain’s Fair One Cream, and Margo Neem Face wash.
- In her childhood, she aimed to become a lawyer. Before starting her career as an actress, she worked in an international BPO. English News Track Live
- In an interview, she shared how she had bagged her debut serial, she said,
I was with friends at a coffee shop when a creative director with Cinevista spotted me and asked me to meet him later for an audition. I auditioned for Jersey No 10 and was selected. I was thrilled!”
- In 2009, she appeared as a model in Kailash Kher‘s music video “Teri Yaad Mein.”
- In 2011, she participated in Miss India Worldwide contest held in Dubai in which she won ‘Miss Bollywood Diva’ title.
- In 2013, she received the Aadhi Aabadi Women Achievers Award.
- She was listed in the Eastern Eye’s top 50 sexiest Asian women for consecutive four years from 2014 to 2017.
- She was ranked 20th in the Television Personality poll by Sabras Radio in 2015. She has also featured in the annual Telly calendar for many years.
- Sukirti was included in the 28 Sexiest Hindi Television Actresses” by MissMalini.com in 2016.
- She judged ‘Mrs India Dubai International Beauty Pageant’ in 2016 and ‘Mr and Miss Delhi, India’ in 2017.
- In 2017, she was listed among the “35 Hottest Actresses in Indian Television,” and she was included among the most desired actresses of the Indian Television among teens from 2000s in the renowned Indian lifestyle website for men ‘MensXP.com.’
- In an interview, she shared that once her sister was under treatment in a private hospital in Mumbai, and due to lack of finances she had to work in the day and stay in hospital at night. Amar Ujala
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet. https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-329674549.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Archive
- She loves travelling and doing Yoga.
- She owns a Volkswagen car.
- Sukirti Kandpal is an animal lover and has a few pet dogs and two pet cats.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- Her blood group is O positive.
- She is a religious person and has posted various pictures of Lord Hanumana on her social media accounts.
- She has been associated with various social awareness campaigns like “Sarvodaya Women Empowerment” (2016) and “Main Darpok Hoon” (2020).