Donal Bisht is an Indian television actress and a model who is popularly known for her character of Sharanya in the show Ek Deewana Tha (2017-2018), and for playing the role of Ishika in the show called Roop- Mard Ka Naya Swaroop (2018-2019).
Donal Bisht was born on Saturday, 27 August 1994 (age 27 years; as of 2021) in Alwar, Rajasthan. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. As a child, Donal wanted to become a doctor, however, as she completed her education; she decided to become a journalist and started working for DD News.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Donal Bisht belongs to a middle-class family with an army background.
Parents & Siblings
Donal’s father’s name is Jai Singh Bisht, and her mother’s name is Jasumati Bisht. She has an elder brother, Ranjan Bisht.
Donal completed her education and pursued her career as a journalist for a news channel. In 2014, she got the opportunity to host DD National’s entertainment-related show Chitrahaar. During her time at the DD National, Donal was asked to interview the Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre. At the interview, she was noticed by a person belonging to a studio, who then asked the channel PR team to send Donal for an audition. Donal went for the audition for the role of Sita for the show called ‘Siya Ke Ram,’ but the lines were too difficult for her to read. However, this opportunity got her noticed and she started receiving more audition calls.
After making the switch from journalism to modeling and becoming an actress, Donal started auditioning for more and more roles started coming her way. The first opportunity she got was of a cameo role in the Star Plus series Airline- Har Udaan Ek Toofan, where she played the role of a journalist. Along with this, she also started building her modeling portfolio and started working for several advertisement campaigns. Soon, she was roped in to be a part of Channel V’s show ‘Twist Vala Love.’ She played the role of Dr. Shelly in the series, and she was starred along with Harshit Arora. In 2015, Donal got her big break when she was selected as the lead actress for the television show ‘Kalash- Ek Vishwaas,’ and the show aired till 2017 on the channel Life OK. Followed by this, in 2017, she got the opportunity to play a double role in Sony TV’s show ‘Ek Deewana Tha.’ Donal played the role of Sharanya Bisht and Radhika in the show, and she worked with the actors Namik Paul and Vikram Singh Chauhan.
In 2018, Donal was roped in by Colors TV to play the role of Ishika Patel in the show ‘Roop- Mard Ka Naya Swaroop.’ The show was aired till 2019, and in the same year, she was chosen as the replacement for the Indian TV actress Jasmin Bhasin in the Star Plus show ‘Dil Toh Happy Ji.’
Donal has also worked in several web series, like in 2020, she worked in ‘Tia & Raj,’ an MX Player exclusive web series as the lead character. Apart from this, Donal has also worked in two other web series- The Socho Project and In Cold Blood.
On 14 February 2020, Donal was featured in the music video of Abhijit Vaghani’s song ‘Bepata.’ This was the first music video of her career. In March 2020, Donal Bisht worked with the singer Amruta Fadnavis for her new song ‘Alag Mera Yeh Rang Hain.’ The song was released on the occasion of Women’s Day. In September 2020, Donal acted in the music video of Yash Wadali’s song ‘Teri Patli Kamar.’ The video was released under Photofit Music’s banner. In September 2021, Donal Bisht got the opportunity to work in the Zee Music Company label’s song ‘Kinni Vari’ along with the actor Abhishek Bajaj.
- International Iconic Trendsetter of the Year 2021
- Perfect Style Icon 2020 award in December 2020
- Youth Icon of the Year 2020 during the International Iconic Awards 2020
Donal Bisht owns a Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
- Donal Bisht often consumes alcohol when she is out with her family or friends.
- Donal Bisht is a firm believer in astrology and tarot card readings. She talked about one of her tarot readings during an interview and talked about how the reader told her that Donal will encounter someone who will change her life completely. She said-
The entire tarot card reading session was quite intriguing, and I was quite amused with some of the predictions. I do believe in fortune telling and I am sure there is something exciting about to happen. It is true that I am currently single and not seeing anyone but now that the reader has predicted an interesting encounter, I am looking forward to it to come true! In fact, everyone has been teasing me by asking me every day if my knight in shining armour has knocked on my door yet or not.”
- Before entering the world of acting, Donal started her career as a model and she has done photoshoots for several ad campaigns as well. She has worked for brands like SpiceJet, MTNL, Santoor, etc.
- In 2018, Indian television actors Donal Bisht and Neil Bhatt visited Chandigarh for some work for the television series Roop- Mard Ka Naya Swaroop. During this visit, they went to the tourist attractions of the town like Rock Garden, and Sukhna Lake. They also talked about how as kids, their families would visit Chandigarh for vacations.
- In 2019, Donal Bisht got the eighteenth rank in the list of The Times of India’s Top 20 Most Desirable Women on TV.
- Donal Bisht walked the ramp as the showstopper at the Couture Runway Week 2019 for the fashion designer Amit Talwar. The event took place in June 2019 in Delhi. In the same year, she was invited to a modeling event where she walked the ramp for the ‘Be With Beti’ initiative that was started during The 19th ITA Awards.
- In October 2019, actor and producer Vikaas Kalantri and Donal Bisht were given the role of hosting the 12th Gold Awards 2019.
- Donal Bisht loves visiting new cities and countries, and she often plans trips with her family and friends.
- Donal always dreamt of becoming a doctor when she was in school, however, she grew up, she decided to become a journalist.
- Donal Bisht is a fitness enthusiast and she follows a strict routine to keep herself fit and healthy. She starts her day with fresh coconut water and then goes for her workout session in the gym.
- Donal has many pebbles that she has collected from all the beaches that she has visited in India and from other countries. She uses these pebbles as a decorative piece in her house.
- Donal had a huge crush on the English actor Daniel Radcliffe, and she used to collect cut-outs of him from different newspapers and magazines. In an interview with a media house, Donal revealed that she also has a crush on Ranbir Kapoor.
- Donal loves food and she loves eating all sorts of desserts.
- Donal always carries a small calendar in her bag which helps her in marking dates of any upcoming events. She also carried a diary where she keeps on writing poems and shayaris, in between shootings when she gets some free time.
- In May 2020, Donal Bisht was featured on the cover of the Enlighten India magazine. In February 2021, during her visit to Dubai, Donal got the opportunity to shoot with Downtown Mirror magazine for their cover page.
- Along with being a fitness junky, Donal is also adventurous, and she loves archery. In 2020, she uploaded a vlog of her sky diving experience in Dubai on her YouTube channel.
- On 26 September 2021, the list of the contestants for the Bigg Boss Season 15 was revealed and Donal was one of the contestants. The show started on 2 October 2021 and all the episodes are available on the online streaming app Voot, and it will also air on Colors TV.
- At the beginning of her career, Donal had trouble finding auditions and work for her, however, with her strong willpower, she made a name for herself. In an interview with Mumbai Mirror, she talked about her struggles and told them about an incident-
My hunger for acting couldn’t keep me away from the audition for long. It led to another incident when a filmmaker, who was apparently from the south film industry, asked me to sleep with him for a role. I immediately filed a police complaint against the person because I worship my work. Even though the struggle will be a bit more, I was sure that I’ll only make my way into the industry in the right way.”