Sourav Saha is a Bengali actor known for playing the role of Ramakrishna Paramahansa in the TV show ‘Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni.’
Sourav Saha was born on 9 July in Khardaha, West Bengal. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He studied at Ramakrishna Mission Boys’ Home School, Rahara in North 24 Parganas, West Bengal. He later pursued an LLB.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
He got married to Susmita Mukherjee Saha, a Bengali actress, on 6 December 2013. The couple together has a son.
He follows Hinduism.
In 2007, he made his television debut with the show ‘Sadhak Bamakhyapa’ on ETV. He played the role of Bama in the show.
In 2014, the actor essayed the role of Sukumar in the TV show ‘Byomkesh’ on Colors Bangla. He rose to fame after playing the role of the spiritual leader Ramakrishna Paramahansa in the Bengali period drama TV show ‘Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni’ in 2019.
He appeared alongside his wife in the show ‘K Tumi Nandini’ on Zee Bangla in which he played the role of heroine Deor, and his wife, Sushmita, played the role of Saha Mukhopadhyay. In 2022, he appeared as a contestant along with his wife in the Bengali game show ‘Ismart Jodi’ which aired on Star Jalsa. The couple won the show and received a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a diamond necklace set. The Times of India
In the same year, he appeared in the reality shows ‘Dadagiri Unlimited Season 9’ and ‘Didi No. 1 Season 9.’
Some more shows done by Sourav Saha include ‘Erao Shatru,’ ‘Tapur Tapur,’ ‘Sannyasi Raja’, ‘Ananda Ashram,’ ‘Sanjbela,’ and ‘Shubbivah.’
Slammed by netizens
In 2021, Sourav Saha campaigned on the behalf of his friend Kajal Singh, who was a candidate of the ruling party at that time. Netizens reacted to this and slammed him by saying that “Sri Ramakrishna himself begged for votes for the candidate of the ruling party!” However, the actor later clarified in an interview that he did not have any intentions of joining politics and wanted to focus on his acting career.
- In 2021 and 2022, he received the ‘Zee Bangla Sonar Sansar Award’ for Sera Soho Abhineta for his performance in the show “Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni.”
- After playing the role of Ramakrishna in the show ‘Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni,’ he earned the title ‘Chot Thakur.’
- He loves to play sports and fun games.
- He started working in theatrical productions when he was in the seventh standard.
- Sourav Saha has played the role of Ramakrishna Paramahansa in various shows and theatrical productions. In an interview, he revealed that he played the role of young Ramakrishna Paramahansa for the first time when he was five years old. Later, he played the role of Ramakrishna in a documentary film, directed by Haranath Chakraborty, which was screened by Ramakrishna Mission Ashram across the world.
- In February 2022, he visited Dakshineswar Temple on the 186th birth anniversary of Ramakrishna Paramahansa. In an interview, he said that he visited the temple to seek the blessings of Ramakrishna as his show in which he was playing the role of spiritual leader was receiving immense appreciation from the audience. He said,
I got a lot of appreciation for playing Sri Ramakrishna. He deserves thanks for that. That’s what I went to tell.”
- In an interview, he talked about how playing the role of Ramakrishna Paramahansa for consecutive three years changed his personality. He said,
Speaking in one way for so many years has also changed my normal speaking habits. The walk has changed. It should all be done again.”
- On the last day of the shooting of his show ‘Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni,’ all the cast and crew members touched his feet to pay respect to saint Ramakrishna as they believed that he might have got some energy from Ramakrishna after playing his role for so many days.