Mahika Sharma is an Indian actress and film actress. She is till date the first Indian woman to be among the Top 10 at the Miss Universal Peace and Humanity pageant. Let’s see what the Indian model is famous for, her personal life, career, favourites, controversies, and many more facts.
Mahika Sharma, nicknamed Mahi, is an Indian actress, model and philanthropist. Sharma was born on 26 July 1994 (24 years; as in 2018) in Sirsa, Haryana, India. She came into the limelight after she won the Miss Teen Northeast beauty pageant, and is the first and only Indian woman till date to be in Top 10 at Miss Universal Peace and Humanity contest. She further gained much fame when she uploaded her eve teasing video on the social media platform. Mahika has appeared in various movies and daily soaps in addition to performing in music albums. An active social worker, Sharma is also applauded for her energetic presence on social media.
The model stands tall at 5′ 5″ and weighs around 55 kilos. The model turned actress has 34-26-34 figure measurements. Mahika has brown eye colour, and her hair is black.
Family & Boyfriend
Mahika was born in a Hindu Brahmin family. She hails from a middle-class Assamese family of Tinsukia with roots in Haryana. Her father is Manjeet Sharma, and her mother is Suman Sharma. She has one elder sister. Mahika’s father is an Ayurvedic practitioner and a former army personnel.
As a child, she had a crush on her Social Science teacher. She is unmarried as of now.
The actress completed her schooling from Army Public School, Hisar. Mahika got enrolled in B.A. L.L.B. (Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law) (Hons.) in the Gauhati University, Guwahati but dropped out midway to make a career in the entertainment industry. She was fascinated by modelling as a teen and went on to win the Miss Teen Northeast beauty pageant contest. She also went on to become the first Indian to reach the top 10 at the Miss Universal Peace and Humanity beauty pageant.
Mahika started her career as a model, and her successful modelling career earned her the Assamese Model Award by Nandini magazine, and Face of the Year by Bismoi magazine.
She made her professional debut with the Assamese film Konikar Ramdhenu (2003) as a child artist. Sharma acted in Assamese, Marwari, and Bhojpuri cinema before heading towards Mumbai, where she initially made cameo appearances in various Bollywood films and TV serials. She has a Bollywood movie project titled The Modern Culture lined up for release alongside British adult fame star, Danny D in 2019. Both, Mahika and Danny are also the producers of the movie.
Mahika also appeared in the Indian comedy sitcom F.I.R.
Since she is also a philanthropist, she has been a part of various charities and NGOs that work ahead for the empowerment of women.
- In June 2018, she made a bold revelation about her sexual fantasies and said, “You will be surprised but I was a child, I was just 13 years old. I used to keep kissing Shahid Afridi’s pictures. And when I started exploring about sex, I started fantasising him and kept myself satisfied.”
- In July 2018, she was trolled on the social media for making her Bollywood debut alongside porn star, Danny D, in the film ‘The Modern Culture.’
- In July 2018, she stated her horrible experience near Puri’s Jagannath Temple and said, “The incident took place outside the temple. We got down from our car and were asked to walk for 20 to 25 minutes. It was early morning and we needed to reach the temple soon to attend maha aarti. When my friends and I were walking and people recognised me. A group who was sure, not local people, but some pilgrimage from some other state. They started taunting me, like what I’m doing here, I should not go to temple but find a way to a bar. They started saying porn star ke saath movie, Afridi se chahti hai. I literally can’t tell what all they said. But I ignored and kept going for my prayers. But soon they tried coming close, pushed and then when I replied, they said sorry. But I choose to walk back instead of getting to temple. I was scared and really uncomfortable. Any girl would be.”
- In August 2018, on the occasion of the World Breastfeeding Week, she made an Instagram post and wrote “Nature has given us most wonderful and amazing part, breast. I am no mom.. but I want to celebrate World Breast Feeding Week. The unfortunate who don’t have a mom for any reason. Be social to them. Feed them. I have heard the stories about how in the pages of history girls use to feed such babies. I’m open to it. Girls start being a little more social.”
- Mahika Sharma likes to eat Pani Puri, Chocolates, and Ice-Cream.
- She admires the actors Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
- She is fond of watching Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Queen, and Andaz Apna Apna.
- Mahika Sharma likes listening to Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle, and Vasuda Sharma.
- Her favourite cricketer is Shahid Afridi.
- Mahika Sharma likes to dine at the Hasty Tasty in Tinsukia, The Protein Bake Shop, and The XVII Tea Room in Mumbai.
- Mahika Sharma does not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Sharma is a pure vegetarian.
- She is an avid animal lover.
- Since her father has been an Ayurvedic practitioner, and so she uses ayurvedic and homemade products for health and beauty over chemical products.
- She is a devotee of Lord Ganesha.