Hina Khan is a popular Indian TV actress who shot to fame with her role of Akshara in Star Plus’ daily soap Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. She entered the Bigg Boss 11 (2017) house as a celebrity contestant. Let’s find out some interesting facts about her personal and professional life.
Hina Khan was born on 2 October 1987 (age 31; as in 2018) actress from Jammu & Kashmir, India.
Intially, she wanted to become a journalist or an air-hostess, but destiny had some other plans; as she became an actress. It proved to be the right call as she is counted among the highest paid TV actors. In 2013 and 2014, she was ranked #50 Sexiest Asian Women by Eastern Eye.
In her younger days, she used to be a bit overweight but with time she has made an athletic body. She is 5′ 4″ tall and weighs around 50 kg.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Hina hails from a middle-class conservative Muslim family from Kashmir. Her mother is from Srinagar while her father is from Mumbai.
She has a younger brother, Aamir Khan, with whom she loves to sing.
Although she has been dating Rocky Jaiswal a.k.a Jayant Jaiswal, the supervising producer of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, but she has never accepted her relationship publicly.
Hina was an average student who did her schooling from Srinagar and Lucknow. She later moved to Delhi to pursue her MBA from Colonel’s Central Academy School of Management, Gurugram. She aspired to become a journalist or a flight attendant, but ended up being an actress. She rose to fame with her portrayal of the role of Akshara on Star Plus’ popular show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
For her role of Akshara, she won the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award for Best Actress – Popular, in 2014.
In 2016, her co-star Karan Mehra left the serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai in mid-way due to health issues. Later, his wife, Nisha Raval made a Facebook post and wrote about her husband’s devotion for the show. There were reports that Karan did not get well with Hina Khan on the sets of the show.
- Hina takes a lot of interest in singing and playing basketball.
- She likes to eat Mughlai cuisine and Samosas.
- Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, and Aamir Khan are her favourite actors. Kajol and Smriti Irani are her favourite actresses.
- She loves humming old Bollywood numbers and her favourite track is Lag Jaa Gale from the film Woh Kaun Thi (1964).
- She is a travel enthusiast and loves to spend her holidays in Italy, Goa, London, and Kerala.
- She was the runner-up of Colors TV’s adventure show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- She likes to wear sky blue.
- Her favourite perfume is Love of Pink by Lacoste and Burberry.
- She likes to dine at Veda in Connaught Place, New Delhi.
- She is very protective about her Taaviz and always carries it in her wallet.
- She is brand conscious and likes to wear Neeta Lulla‘s collection.
- She is known to be a reserved person who doesn’t have many friends.