Rajeev Khandelwal is an Indian actor, singer, host and a voice artist. He shot to fame with his role of ‘Sujal Garewal‘ in the show, “Kahiin To Hoga.” Let’s find out some more interesting facts about Rajeev Khandelwal.
Rajeev Khandelwal was born on 16 October 1975 (aged 43; as in 2018) in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. He did his schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jaipur and enrolled himself in St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad to attain a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. Khandelwal performed at a stage show while he was in 3rd standard. From here, he developed an interest in acting.
While Rajeev was in 9th standard, he gave an audition for Punjab Doordarshan and got selected. Unfortunately, he could not feature in the show as it was a 3-month outdoor shoot and his father did not approve for it. Being from a family with an army background, it was never easy for him to join the TV industry. Rajeev, at once, gave up his acting hopes and decided to join the army. But his form was rejected.
During his final year of college, he was thrown out of the house due to his ambiguous nature. He was so annoyed with the incident that he went to Delhi and resided with a few drivers at his cousin’s friend’s flat. Khandelwal started his career by making documentaries and writing scripts.
Before making his TV debut, Rajeev modelled for brands like LML, Green Label Whiskey, and Videocon.
The brown-eyed actor is around 5’ 9” tall and weighs around 70 kg. His figure measurements are proportionate with 40 inches chest, 32 inches waist and 14 inches biceps. He has black hair.
Family, Girlfriend & Wife
Rajeev Khandelwal belongs to a Marwari Family. He is the son of Col. C.L. Khandelwal, retired army personnel and Vijayalaxmi Khandelwal. He has an elder brother, Rahul Khandelwal, and a younger brother, Sanjeev Khandelwal. Rajeev is an atheist.
Rajeev was rumoured to be dating co-star, Aamna Sharif, while they were shooting for the TV show, ‘Kahiin Toh Hoga’.
In 2007, Rajeev adopted a girl child, Swati, from the Muskaan institute.
On 7 February 2011, Khandelwal married his longtime girlfriend, Manjiri Kamtikar. It was an Arya Samaj wedding.
Rajeev made his TV debut with the DD National’s serial, ‘Banphool’ in 1998. In 2002, he played a negative role in the show ‘Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat.’
In 2003, Rajeev auditioned for Ekta Kapoor’s new show, ‘Kahiin To Hoga.’ He got selected after 4 days and bagged the role of “Sujal Garewal”. It was his first lead role. Later, he was seen as a RAW field officer in ‘Time Bomb 9/11. The actor also appeared in TV shows, ‘sun Leyna’ (2006) and ‘Left Right Left’ (2007).
In 2008, he made his Bollywood debut with the film, Aamir. The film proved to be a turning point in his career. Further, he appeared in films like Shaitan (2011), Soundtrack (2011), Table No.21 (2013), and Samrat & Co (2015).
In addition to acting, Rajeev has hosted many reality shows which include Deal Ya No Deal, Super Cars, Sacch Ka Saamna and My Endeavour. In 2015, Rajeev made a comeback to television with Sony TV’s show, ‘Reporters.’
- In 2004, Rajeev won the Indian Telly Awards for Best Fresh New Face, Best Television Personality, and Best Onscreen Couple for his serial, ‘Kahiin Toh Hoga.’
- In 2005, Khandelwal won the MTV Lycra Style Award for Most Stylish Persona and Most Stylish Actor On TV.
- He also won the Best Anchor award for Sacch Ka Saamna.
- In 2016, Rajeev was presented with Most Stylish TV Personality by HT Most Stylish Awards.
Rajeev gets paid ₹2-3 crore per film (as in 2007).
- Kajol and Waheeda Rehman top his list of favourite actresses.
- Rajeev follows a Non-Vegetarian diet and prefers eating Egg Bhurji and Spinach.
- Shakti and Hachiko are his all-time favourite films.
- Rajeev is a bibliophile and his favourite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
- Keh-Ladakh, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Dubai are his favourite travel destinations.
- Rajeev’s most-liked fashion designers are Rahul Agasti and Narendra Kumar.
- Rajeev likes to wear Bleu De Chanel perfume.
- His favourite colour is Blue.
- Rajeev finds onscreen kissing scenes very uncomfortable. He refused to perform any kissing scene while shooting for ‘Table no. 21’, but, later, has to do it as the script required the same.
- Rajeev cannot compromise with cleanliness at any cost.
- His family and friends fondly call him Raj.
- He is very much addicted to cigarettes.
- He consumes alcohol occasionally.
- Rajeev considers “Mannat” (Shahrukh Khan’s House) as his dream house. He would like to own a similar house and name it “Jannat.”
- In 2002, Rajeev’s then-girlfriend cheated him in the name of opening a company in Delhi to make documentaries. She took all his money and flew to Mumbai.
- He gifted a cordless phone to his parents from his first salary.
- In 2015, leaked footage from the promo of the TV serial ‘Reporters’ went viral in the social media. It was shown that Rajeev kissed Kritika Kamra and was slapped by her. It was basically a part of the scene but the fans of the two stars mistook it as an actual incident and created a war on social media.