Dipen Raval is an Indian actor who primarily appears in Gujarati films and television shows. On 20 September 2022, Dipen made headlines when his Gujarati film Chhello Show (English titled ‘Last Film Show’) was announced as an official entry to the Oscars 2023 by the Film Federation of India under the category of Best International Feature Film.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Dipen Raval belongs to a Gujarati family.
Parents & Siblings
Dipen’s father’s name is Navin Raval. His mother’s name is Bhavana Raval.
Dipen has a brother, Miten Raval.
Wife & Children
On 12 October, Dipen got married to Sweta Raval, an actor, model, and producer. Together, they have a son, Manjish Raval.
Dipen Raval follows Hinduism.
Initially, Dipen worked as a pharmacist, but he always aspired to become an actor. To pursue his dream of becoming an actor, Dipen quit his job as a pharmacist and started working as a theatre artist.
Dipen took part in several stage plays and theatrical productions. Some of his stage plays include Paankh Vina Na Patangiya, Ekla Chalo Re, Tame Josh Ma To Ame Honsh Ma, Vikalp, Salo Karave Gotalo, and Wife Chhe To Life Chhe.
Dipen worked as a director for the play Salo Karave Gotalo.
In September 2016, Dipen appeared in the Gujarati short film Juvenile Delinquents on Vimeo.
In the same year, he appeared in two Gujarati comedy films, Grand Hali and Navri Bazar. In 2017, Dipen played the role of Billubhai in the Gujarati feature film Bhanwar.
In March 2018, Dipen acted in the Gujarati film Ratanpur. In 2020, he appeared in the two Hindi short films, Locked in Lockdown and Fee on Fire Revenge on YouTube. In 2022, Dipen appeared in the Gujarati film Bawari: The Silence of Women in which he played the role of a lawyer, Rahul Shastri.
In April 2017, he played the role of a judge in the Hindi television show Savdhaan India: India Fights Back on Life OK. In January 2022, Dipen acted in the Gujarati television show Sorath Ni Mrs Singham in which he played the role of Vikramsinh on Colors Gujarati.
In the same year, he appeared as Mukulesh Inamdar in the Gujarati television show Prem Ni Bhavai on Colors Gujarati.
In March 2019, Dipen appeared in the Hindi web series Modi: Journey of a Common Man on Eros Now.
In July 2020, Dipen Raval, along with his wife, Sweta Raval, acted and directed the comedy web series Wife Mari 5G on YouTube. The series revolves around the relationship of husband and wife, and it showcases their routine life.
In 2022, Dipen Raval appeared in a commercial for the brand Super Doco.
- 2014: Best Supporting Actor Award for the play “Chitralekha” in Mumbai
- 2017: Best Actor Award from Samast Gujarat Brahm Samaj
- In an interview, Dipen expressed his excitement about the selection of his Gujarati film Chhello Show at the 95th Academy Awards and said,
- In September 2019, Dipen was invited as a judge for the Gujarat Technological University’s theatre event at Polytechnic College in Ahmedabad.
- In an interview, Dipen recalled an incident when they encountered lions while shooting for the Gujarati film Chhello Show and said,
We faced difficulties while shooting. The entire film was shot in Gujarat’s Amreli, Dhari. On our set there was a time when lions had entered. We shot in heavy rains as well, but enjoyed a lot. It is kind of autobiography itself,” India Today
- Dipen’s film, Chhello Show, premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2021.
- Pan Nalin, director and writer of the film Chhello Show, won the Best Feature Film Award at the 3rd International Gujarati Film Festival (IGFF) in Atlanta, USA.