Varun Sood is a VJ, model, and athlete who is best known for participation in two popular reality shows MTV Roadies X2 (2015) and MTV Splitsvilla Season 9 (2016). Let’s get to more about Varun Sood’s life, his journey in the glamour world and other interesting facts.
Varun was born on 1 April 1995 (23 years old; age as in 2018) in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Although he was born in Kolkata, he traces his roots back to Delhi, India. Initially, he was supposed to be in the Indian Army as his father and grandfather both served the Indian Army but after participating in MTV Roadies X2, he decided to build his career in the glamour world.
Varun is approximately 6’4” tall and weighs 88 kg. He has a broad chest to be around 44 inches and biceps 16 inches. He has black eyes and hair.
He does not visit the gym but plays basketball. He likes doing freehand exercises and is into athletics.
As a child, he was bullied for being overweight. He got into athletics and basketball to get fit. .
View this post on Instagram
Thankyou @lostboyjourney for nominating me.. This is my 17 year old story My school life had a lot of ups and downs , from a child who was bullied for being fat to a fit athlete was a tough journey While growing up i had no idea what I’ll do in life My teachers were done with me, i always asked myself what will i ever do in life I just knew i was really hardworking and that’s about it. Later in life I realised , that was the only trait that helped me reach where i am today in life along with the guidance of a few people Its okay to not know what you want to do when you are growing up, just be hardworking in life and strive for greatness I further nominate @shrutisinhahaha @fahadalli @rohitsuchanti06 @simrankaurmundi @dishankarora9 @archisfreestyler #againstallodds
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Varun Sood belongs to a middle-class Khatri family. His father Vineet Sood is a retired Indian Army officer (Brigadier) and his mother Anjali Sood is a jewelry designer. He has two sisters Vedika Sood and Akshita Sood. Vedika is his twin sister.
In 2015, while he was in still in ‘MTV Roadies X2,’ he was associated with co-contestant Martina Tharyian. However, they both denied such allegations. The duo appeared again in 2016 in MTV Splitsvilla 9. Their fans fondly called them ‘Vartina.’
He was dating the Bigg Boss 11 fame Benafsha Soonawalla for some time. However, the duo broke up.
According to some sources, Varun Sood is believed to be dating ex-Splitsvilla contestant Divya Aggarwal; but both of them have denied such reports.
He did his schooling at seven different; Dalhousie Public School, Dalhousie; Army Public School, Wellington, Tamil Nadu; Naval Public School, Amritsar, Punjab; Home Schooling, Mhow, Madhya Pradesh; Army Public School, Kolkata; and Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi. He did his graduation in commerce (B.Com. Honours) at Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi. In 2015, he participated in the popular reality show ‘MTV Roadies X2′ but got eliminated in Episode 20. After gaining popularity from that show, he got the role in 2015’s web series ‘Squadrann’ that streamed on YouTube.
In 2016, he took part in another reality show ‘MTV Splitsvilla Season 9′ and became the first runner-up. After that, he got a chance to host the TV show ‘NBA Slam’ along with Rannvijay Singh. He also hosted the TV show ‘MTV Campus Diaries’ in 2017.
In 2017, he got the role of ‘Daljeet Brar’ in MTV India’s TV show ‘MTV Big F’ Season 2.
- Varun is a foodie. He likes eating Ghar Ka Khana, Chaat, Ice-Cream, Chicken Tikka, and Butter Naan and Sweets.
- He likes to watch Matthew McConaughey, Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Downey Jr., and Hugh Jackman on the silver screen.
- He is inspired by Michael Jordan and Usain Bolt.
- He loves playing Pokemon Go.
- Sonu Nigam is his all-time favorite singer.
- He loves listening to Classic Rock.
- His favourite band is The Beatles.
- Varun’s all-time favourite tracks are Norwegian Wood and Love Me Do.
- He likes black colour.
- Varun Sood is very fond of baking.
- He is a great fan of the food at Bhojohori Manna.
- Sood loves watching American sitcom Friends. His favorite character of the series is Joey Tribbiani.
- He likes to read about Paranormal stuff and he even watches a lot of science fiction documentaries.
- He considers Rannvijay Singh his role model.
- He is a sports enthusiast.
- Since Sood was born in Kolkata, he loves hanging out at Victoria Memorial, Park Street, and Nicco Park.
- Varun claims to be hooked to messaging app, WhatsApp.
- He considers himself a house party guy.
- He has also been a former Indian national basketball player.
- Varun Sood learned to play the guitar, flute, drive a car and a bike from the YouTube.
- His list of hobbies includes gymming and playing basketball.
- Prince Narula is his close friend.
- He is a dog lover.