Sharad Sankla is an Indian television actor who is known for playing the role of Abdul (shopkeeper) in the popular Indian sitcom ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ (TMKOC) on SAB TV since 2008.
He was also known as the Charlie Chaplin of Bollywood before he was recognized as Abdul.
Sharad Sankla was born on Saturday, 19 June 1965 (age 56 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Wife & Children
Sharad got married to Premila Sankla in 1993.
He has a son named Manav Sankla and a daughter named Kamiya Sankla.
Sharad made his acting debut as Charlie Chaplin with the Bengali film ‘Durdesh’ (1983).
He played the same role in more than 25 films. He got recognized as Charlie in 1992 with the Bollywood movie ‘Khiladi.’
Some of his famous movies also include Baazigar (1993), Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha (1998), Baadshah (1999), Kis Kisko Pyaar Karu (2015) and many more.
In 2008, Sharad made his debut on television as Abdul in the comedy show ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.’ Since then he is the part of the show.
- Actor: Raj Kapoor
- Cricketer: Kapil Dev
- TV shows character: Dilip Joshi
- Colour: Sky Blue
Sharad owns a Ferrari.
- Sharad Sankla follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- His hobbies include dancing and travelling.
- When Sharad started his acting career, he was paid Rs.50 for his role.
- He approached the directors and producers of the shows and films for work but he did not receive work easily even after working for such a long time.
- He received the role of Abdul in TMKOC in 2008 when his friend Asit Modi offered him the role.
- Abdul is a character who is a shopkeeper in the Gokuldham society and is famous for making soda in the show.
- He is often seen posting photos with the cast of the show TMKOC.