Indira Krishnan is an Indian actress who primarily works in Hindi television shows. She is well known for her appearance in television shows like Krishnaben Khakhrawala (2010) as Krishna Ravi Patel on Sony TV and Krishnadasi (2016) as Krishnadasi Kumudini on Colors TV.
Indira Krishnan was born on 1 March in Mumbai, India. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She completed her schooling at Apostolic Carmel Convent High School, Bandra, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Indira Krishnan belongs to a South Indian family.
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about Indira’s parents. Her mother was a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
Husband & Children
Indira Krishana is married to Rajesh Ranshinage, an Indian film director and writer.
The couple has a son, Anirudh Ranshinage.
Before becoming an actor, Indira Krishana worked as an air hostess.
Indira made her acting debut with the Odia film Suna Panjuri (1995) in which she played the role of Puja.
She appeared in the film Aaj Ka Raavan (2000) in which she played the role of Shanti. Later, she appeared in a few films like Tere Naam (2003), Tathastu (2006), Chatur Singh Two Star (2011), Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty (2014) as Mrs Thapar, and Hey Bro (2015).
Indira appeared in the Marathi film Janiva in 2015, directed by her husband Rajesh Ranshinage.
In 2000, Indira made her debut in Hindi television with the show Kinare Milte Nahi on DD Metro. In 2001, she played the role of Nanda in the show Manzilein Apani Apani on Zee TV. Indira shot to fame with her role as Ganga Devi on Zee TV’s show Afsar Bitiya (2011). In an interview, talking about her role in the television show Afsar Bitiya, she said,
TV doesn’t have much variation when it comes to roles. But, Rakesh Paswan is good old friend and this character is a contrast character to what I have played so far. I wanted to be dressed as Bihari lady, all clad up in heavy sarees and jewelry – so backdrop, regional impact and my style is going different in this soap. Also, moving from Gujarati dialect to Bihari one will be fun. Also, the theme of this soap of girl’s education is what I liked about this soap.” The Times of India
In 2013, Indira played the role of Ranjan Desai in the show Firangi Bahu on Sahara One.
Indira is well-known for playing the role of Krishnadasi Kumudini in the show Krishnadasi (2016) on Colors TV.
In 2019, she appeared as Vasudha Srinivasan in the show Yeh Hai Chahatein on StarPlus.
In 2022, Indira Krishnan appeared in the commercial for popular brands like Aashirvaad Garam Masala and Ford Motor Company.
- 1996: Best Actress Award for the Odia film Suna Panjuri by National State Awards
- 2016: Best Actress Female TV Award at The Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards
- 2016: Aiac Achievers Award for the television show Krishnadasi at All India Achievers Awards
- 2017: Golden Achiever Award for the television show Krishnadasi
- 2022: Wow Outstanding Actor Award for the show Yeh Hai Chahatein by Wow Mhahsa Awards
- Food: Idli Sambhar
- Colour: Red
- Indira Krishnan is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- During her school days, Indira aspired to be a surgeon.
- Indira is often addressed by the name ‘Nana Patekar of Television’ by her co-actors as her style of acting, gestures are very similar to Nana Patekar. In an interview, she talked about being addressed as Nana Patekar and said,
- In 2021, Indira left the television show Yeh Hain Chahtein on StarPlus as she felt humiliated on the show’s sets. In an interview, she revealed the reason for quitting the television show and said,
I was constantly in touch with the creative team and told them how unhappy I was with my track. It made no sense for me to drive all the way to Naigaon to be shown just standing or sitting in a corner. Though I am the heroine’s mother, I have no involvement or interaction in the scenes. In fact, I was told by the team ki ‘ Aaj aapke dialogues nahi hain’. It is demeaning for a seasoned actor like me. So, after much deliberation, I decided to quit the show and put in my papers yesterday.” The Times of India
- In an interview, Indira expressed her wish to work with Indian film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali and said,
- In 2019, Indira was invited to SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce in Mumbai for a TEDx event.
- Indira’s first pay cheque as an air hostess was Rs. 9000.