Karan Patel is an Indian TV actor. He became a well-known face with his role of Raman Bhalla in the TV serial “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein.”
Karan was born on 23 November 1983 (age 35; as in 2018) in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. However, he traces his roots back to Mumbai. He did his schooling from Utpal Sanghvi School, Juhu, Mumbai. He is a graduate from Mithibai College, Mumbai. Karan enrolled in the prestigious Kishore Namit Kapoor’s Acting School in Mumbai and London School of Arts in London to refine his acting skills.
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 68 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 43”, Waist 32”, Biceps 16”
Family, Caste & Wife
Karan hails from a Gujarati Family. His father is Rashesh Patel who is a businessman.
He dated actress Kamya Punjabi for some time.
He was also seen dating Amita Chandekar, an actress.
On 3 May 2015, he got married to Ankita Bhargava. The couple has a daughter, Mehr, who was born on 14 December 2019.
Karan debuted in the TV industry with the serial “Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki” in 2010. He has performed small roles in many Balaji Telefilms’ serials. His career leaped with his role as Robbie Sabarwal in serial “Kasturi.” He made an appearance in the Bollywood movie, “City of Gold ” in 2010. In 2013, he became a popular face among people for his role in the TV serial “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein” which aired on Star Plus.
He is a great host and has co-hosted the dance show “Nach Baliye” season 7 on Star Plus with Rithvik Dhanjani.
- While he was playing a match for Kamya Punjabi’s cricket team “Jaipur Raj Joshilay”, he got annoyed with Ayushmann Khurrana‘s brother Aparshakti Khurrana.
- Actress Payal Rohatgi said that he allegedly tried to get intimate with her on a few events. She also mentioned
- on social media that “Karan is a rapist.”
Karan gets paid around 1.10 Lakh per episode.
- Food: Kebabs and parathas
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Destination: London
- Hobbies: Tracking, workout and horse riding
- Karan smokes and drinks occasionally.
- Ankita Bhargava, his wife, is the daughter of his on-screen father-in-law in the TV serial “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein.”
- He is a trained dancer and learned dance at Shiamak Davar’s dance classes.
- In 2014, he got the Zee Gold Award for Best Actor for “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein.”
- He admires the superhero character, Batman.
- He is friends with the TV actress Drashti Dhami and actor Mohit Malik.