Anuja Boma Joshi, better known as Anuja Joshi, is an actress based in America. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Rivanah Bannerjee’ in MX Player’s web series, “Hello Mini.”
Anuja Joshi was born on Thursday, 19 August 1993 (age 27 years; as in 2020) in Virginia, United States. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Anuja developed a great interest in music and dance at a very young age. She desired to become an actress since childhood. She grew up learning Hindustani classical music in vocal performance and actively took part in musical theatre during her middle school and high school days. When Anuja was just eighteen years old, she completed her Rangapravesam (Full-length solo dance performance) in Kuchipudi. Joshi did her graduation from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. Thereafter, she did a specialization course in film direction from the Kanbar Institute of Film and Television. She got trained in acting under Alice Spivak and Grace Kiley. While in college, Anuja interned at NBCUniversal Media for shows like “Saturday Night Live” and “Late Night with Seth Meyers.” She then, went on to work in the marketing and digital team of the American channel, SYFY for shows like “Suits” and “Mr. Robot.” While working in production, Anuja kept auditioning for roles in several TV serials and films.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Anuja’s father, Alankar Joshi was a renowned child actor. Her mother’s name is Namita Joshi. Anuja has a twin sister, Aneesha Joshi who is also an actress. She also has a younger brother, Aashay Joshi.
Relationships & Husband
Anuja Joshi was in a relationship with the Indian-American actor, Ankur Rathee. The couple exchanged rings on Sunday, 19 July 2020.
Anuja started her career as a model by featuring in TV commercials of several brands like “Vadilal Ice Cream” and “Wild Stone Perfume.”
She made her acting debut in 2014 buy playing a small role in the film, “100: The Tribute.”
Anuja made her digital media debut in 2019 with MX Player’s web series, “Hello Mini” in which she played the role of ‘Rivanah Bannerjee.’
Subsequently, she played the role of ‘Debbie’ in ALT Balaji’s web series, “Broken But Beautiful” Season 2.
- Food: Burger, French Fries, Noodle, Sashimi
- Film Director: Zoya Akhtar
- Colour: White
- Her hobbies include travelling and singing.
- Anuja follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her father, Alankar Joshi who was popularly known as Master Alankar had worked as a child actor in many popular Bollywood films like “Andaz,” “Sita Aur Geeta,” “Dream Girl,” “Zameer,” “Don,””Deewaar,” and “Sholay.”
View this post on Instagram
To my dear daddy! 🎈 Your hard work and dedication in every industry you’ve entered has been awe inspiring for me to witness. To many you are Master Alankar, but to me you are the master of everything! You may be older, have some silver hairs and even have kids of your own now, but you always manage to maintain this childlike innocence and joy. For that, I am beyond grateful. And I’ve lived by the words in this song all my life. Thank you for being you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- Anuja’s identical twin, Aneesha Joshi made her debut in Hindi cinema in 2016 with the film, “Junooniyat.”
- Anuja has got ‘Eleven’ tattooed on her left forearm and two birds tattooed just below her left underarm. She has also got ‘XII 30’ inked on her right wrist.
- Anuja is the niece of the Indian National Award winning actress, Pallavi Joshi.