Shine Tom Chacko is an Indian actor and former assistant director who works in Malayalam cinema. After working as an assistant to director Kamal for about 9 years, he started acting in the Malayalam film ‘Khaddama’ in 2011. He played his first lead role in the Malayalam-language comedy film ‘Ithihasa’ in 2014. The movie ‘Who’ (2018), an international film from Kerala, was showcased at the esteemed Cannes Film Festival in 2018.
Shine Tom Chacko was born on Thursday, 15 September 1983 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Thrissur, Kerala, India. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He pursued his Bachelor of Commerce at St. Thomas’ College, Thrissur, Kerala. He has played a significant role in the Malayalam film industry.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
Shine Tom Chacko was born to CP Chacko (father) and Mariya Carmel (mother). His siblings include Joe John Chacko (brother) and Riya Mary. His brother is an Indian actor who works in the Malayalam film industry.
Wife & Children
Shine Tom Chacko is married to Thabeetha Mathew. The couple have a son named Ciel. However, the couple got separated now.
Shine Tom Chacko made his debut as an actor in the Malayalam-language film Khaddama in 2011. He portrayed the role of an immigrant in this film who is poorly treated in the desert of Saudi Arabia.
Some other Malayalam films in which he played supporting roles include Salt N’ Pepper (2011), Ee Adutha Kaalathu (2012), Annayum Rasoolum (2013), Masala Republic (2014), Ottaal (2015), and Dooram (2016). In 2014, he played the lead role of Alvy Benedict in the film ‘Ithihasa.’
Shine Tom Chacko made his debut as an actor in the Tamil-language film ‘Beast’ in 2022. In this film, he played the role of a terrorist.
He made his debut as an actor in the Telugu-language film ‘Dasara’ in 2023. In this film, he played the role of Thurpugutta Chinna Nambi.
In 2021, he also acted in an OTT release named ‘Kuruthi’ in which he played the role of Kareem. His performance was also appreciated in the Malayalam-language crime thriller film ‘Kurup’ in the same year. Some other famous OTT platform releases are ‘Veyil’ (2022), ‘Bheeshma Parvam’ (2022), and ‘Pada’ (2022).
Accused of Possessing Narcotics
Shine Tom Chacko, along with four other women, was arrested for allegedly possessing drugs. The case was registered under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Act. The police found 10 grams of cocaine, worth one million rupees in the international market. They were caught at a party in an apartment at Kadavanthra, where they were using drugs. One woman had seven grams of cocaine on her. However, the court granted them bail on seven different conditions. These conditions include appearing before the investigating officer every Monday and Thursday for six months, surrendering their passports to the lower court, getting court permission to leave Kerala, providing their residential details, and being available for questioning when required. They were strictly warned to adhere to these conditions, as any violation would lead to bail cancellation. The Times of India
- 2019: Best Actor in a Negative Role for the Malayalam film ‘Ishq’
He owns a black-coloured Kia Carnival car.
- In an interview with Onlookers Media, Shine Tom Chacko praised his idols in the Malayalam film industry. He has been a huge fan of Mohanlal and Mammootty since his childhood. He found Mammootty to be a friendly and humble person. Onlookers Media
- When discussing his journey to becoming an actor, he said,
Make sure that you keep the urge in to be the person you dreamt about in your journey of life, and, only then you can reach good heights. Don’t set your mind to the thought that you can succeed only if you have a helping shoulder to lean on.”
- When discussing the movie ‘Kuruthi’ in 2021, Shine Tom Chacko remarked that the film has a real story that closely reflects real life. He also mentioned that it has the potential to start a meaningful discussion among the viewers.
- During an interview with a news channel, Shine openly discussed his unsuccessful marriage. He admitted that he struggled to prioritize his family life over his professional life. He also acknowledged that his relationships as a son and a brother were not very strong. This was mainly due to his complete dedication to his career in acting and films. NEWS18
- During a discussion about his troubled marriage, Shine expressed his belief that it would be more beneficial for his child to be raised by a single parent. He argued that it would be healthier for the child to know and understand only one parent’s perspective and story. He mentioned that a shared custody arrangement, where the child spends ten days with the mother and ten days with the father, would negatively impact the child’s well-being and hinder their growth in a positive environment. ONMANORAMA