Rachita Ram is an Indian actress who works in Kannada Cinema. She is popularly known as the ‘Dimple Queen’ of the Sandalwood.
Rachita Ram was born as ‘Bindhiya Ram’ on 3 October 1992 (age 29 years; as of 2021) in Bengaluru, Karnataka Her zodiac sign is Libra. She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Rachita belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, K.S. Ramu was a Bharatanatyam dancer and has given more than five hundred public performances. She has a sister named, Nithya Ram, who is also an actress.
She made her acting debut with the Kannada TV serial “Arasi” in 2012, in which, she played the role of ‘Rashmi.’
She made her film debut with the lead role of ‘Kaveri’ in the Kannada film “Bulbul” in 2013. For the film, she was selected out of 200 girls, who had come for auditioning for the lead role in the film.
She has acted in several films such as Dil Rangeela (2014), Ranna (2015), Chakravyuha (2016), Jaggu Dadda (2016), Bharjari (2017), Ayogya (2018), Amar (2019), Ayushman Bhava (2019), and many more.
- In 2019, the film “I Love You” which stars Rachita Ram created a buzz in the film industry because of its bold scenes. While talking about her bold scenes in the film, Rachita said that the scenes were directed by Upendra. However, her statements did not go well with Upendra’s wife Priyanka and she slammed Rachita for ruining her husband’s reputation by taking his name in every interaction about the bold scenes.
- In 2014, a man named Bipin Gowda was harassing Rachita to pay back his loan amount of Rs. 50,000, which he had lent her earlier. Reportedly, they both filed a case against each other at their local police stations.
- In November 2021, during a press conference of her upcoming film Love You Rachchu, Rachita landed into controversy when she replied to one of the reporters at the event, who had asked her about acting in intimate scenes, that what people would do during their first night of the wedding. She said,
So many people here are married. I do not have the intention of embarrassing anyone. But, what do people do after marriage? What do they do? They will romance, right? That’s what is depicted in the film.”
Following her comments, she was heavily criticized on social media. Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce termed her comments to be against the ‘culture of India,’ which tarnished the image of the state. India Today
- Filmfare Critics Award South for the Best Actress (Kannada) for the film “Ranna” in 2015
- Zee Kannada Hemmeya Kannadiga Award for the Best Actress for the film “Ayogya” in 2018
- Best Actress for the film “Ranna” in 2015
- Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film “Ayogya” in 2018
- Food: Dosa
- Restaurant: Mylari Hotel (Mysuru)
- Fashion Brand: Louis Vuitton
- Actress: Sridevi
- Actor: Rajkumar
- Travel Destination: Dubai
- Colour: Red
- She likes travelling and doing photography.
- Although her family hails from Bhopal, she was born in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- She has also given around 50 live dance performances being a Bharatanatyam dancer.
- She has judged the reality shows like Kick, Comedy Talkies, and Majaa Bharata- Season 2 and 3.