Gracy Singh is a popular Indian TV and film actress. She is best known for her performances in blockbuster films such as ‘Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India’ (2001) and ‘Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.’ (2003).
Gracy Singh was born on Sunday, 20 July 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her schooling from Manav Sthali School, Delhi and completed her graduation in arts. Gracy Singh-Bk.com
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born into a traditional Sikh Family. Gracy Singh-Bk.com Her father’s name is Swaran Singh. Her mother’s name was Verjinder Kaur, who died in 2017. She has a younger sister and a brother- Lisa Singh and Rubal Singh, respectively. She is not married yet.
In 1997, she started her career with the Zee TV’s serial ‘Amanat,’ where she played the famous character of ‘Dinky.’ She has appeared in various Hindi TV serials including- ‘Prithviraj Chauhan’ (1998), ‘Santoshi Maa’ (2015), and ‘Santoshi Maa – Sunaye Vrat Kathayein’ (2019).
She has acted in various Hindi and regional films including- Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001), Armaan (2003), Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.(2004), ‘Santosham’ (Telugu, 2002), ‘Loudspeaker’ (Malyalam, 2009), ‘Rama Rama Krishna Krishna’ (Telugu, 2010), and ‘Chooriyan’ (Punjabi, 2006).
- Travel Destination(s): Goa, Dubai, and New York
- Actress: Sridevi
- Book: Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch
- Her hobbies include dancing and singing.
- She has been trained in Bharatanatyam dance form.
- She joined a dance troupe ‘Planets,’ while she was pursuing her graduation.
- She bagged many awards for the Bollywood film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001). The film was also the official entry from India at the Academy Awards in 2002.
- In 2006, she performed in ‘Radhika;’ a theatre dance drama.
- She formed her own dance group in 2009, to promote the Indian culture.
- In 2013, Gracy joined ‘The Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University.’
- While sharing her experience after joining this spiritual organisation, she said,
I have experienced unlimited protection, peace, happiness, understanding, acceptance, and support. The BK’s, as they are known, have about one million members worldwide and they are some of the kindest, warmest and most intelligent people I have ever met.”
- In an interview, she said that she was a pure vegan. Spotboye
References [ + ]