Bhuma Akhila Priya is an Indian politician and former Tourism, Telugu Language and Culture Minister of Andhra Pradesh. She is the member of the famous Bhuma Family that wields a large influence in the Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh.
Bhuma Akhila Priya Reddy was born on 2 April 1987 (age 32 years; as in 2019) in Allagadda, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
She did BBM from IIPM, Hyderabad.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Bhuma Nagi Reddy was a Politician. Her mother, Bhuma Shobha Nagi Reddy was also a politician and MLA from the Allagada Constituency of Andhra Pradesh.
She has a sister named Bhuma Naga Mounika and a brother named Bhuma Jagat Vikhyat.
Bhuma got married to the son of YS Jaganmohan Reddy‘s maternal uncle in 2010. However, they both decided to part ways and filed for divorce within a year of their marriage. Thereafter, she got married to Madhoor Bhargav Ram Naidu, an industrialist. They had an engagement ceremony at her residence on 12 May 2018.
They got married on 29 August 2018 at Shobha Nagi Engineering College, Allagadda, Andhra Pradesh.
Bhuma Akhila Priya is a member of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
After the demise of her mother in 2014, who died in a road accident, she stepped into politics and was elected as an MLA of the Allagadda Constituency in 2014. She was a member of the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) back then, but in 2016, both Priya and her father switched loyalties and became a member of TDP. Subsequently, she became the youngest minister in Andhra Pradesh former Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu’s cabinet. She was assigned the Ministry of Tourism, Telugu Language and Culture during a cabinet reshuffle in 2018. She also owns a crusher factory in Kondapuram of Dornipadu Mandal, Kurnool in partnership with one of her relatives, Shivarami Reddy.
- In March 2018, the ugly spat between Akhila Priya and her father’s aide AV Subba Reddy came out after Subba was reportedly snubbed by Akhila Priya, who did not invite Subba to her father’s first death anniversary observance. In one of her speeches, Akhila Priya gave a statement-
As Bhuma Nagi has died, all the cunning foxes and backstabbers have come together as they are waiting loot Allagadda.”
The rift between them grew wider after both celebrated the TDP’s Foundation Day separately in spite of being in the same town. As the battle between Priya and Subba continued, they two even resorted to physical attacks against each other. At last, TDP Supremo N. Chandrababu Naidu had to take useful measures to rule both the groups out.
- In September 2019, Akhila Priya made headlines after she led protests against uranium mining at Allagadda and opposed the exploration of borewells by the Uranium Corporation of India Limited (UCIL) in Allagadda.
— Bhuma Akhila Reddy (@bhuma_akhila) September 14, 2019
H.No, 8-1-65, T.B. Road, Allagadda- 518543, Kurnool Dist., Andhra Pradesh
Assets & Properties
She has movable and immovable assets of approximately Rs. 11.5 crores.
- Politician: Sushma Swaraj
- Actress: Kareena Kapoor, Samantha Akkineni
- Social Reformer: Jyotirao Phule
- She belongs to the influential Bhuma Family of the Kurnool District in Andhra Pradesh. Her Father, Bhuma Nagi Reddy was the MLA from the Nadyal Assembly Constituency. Her paternal uncle, Bhuma Sekhar Reddy was also an MLA from the Allagadda District. Her grandparents and paternal uncle were involved in the local politics in Andhra Pradesh.
- Her mother, Shobha Nagi Reddy was the daughter of the former Andhra Pradesh minister S. V, Subbareddy, sister of Nagarathamma (former Minister of Andhra Pradesh), and S. V. Mohan Reddy (MLA from Kurnool District).
- Akhila Priya and Shivrami Reddy partner a crusher factory in Kondapuram. Reportedly, Akhila Priya wanted Shivarami to hand over the entire crushing unit to her. When Shivarami did not pay heed to her, Akhila Priya’s husband, Bhargava Ram interfered and allegedly threatened him. On 10 September, Bhargava, along with a group of men, attacked workers of the crushing unit with weapons. On 27 September, Bhargava forcibly locked the Shivarami’s batching plant.
- Following the incident, Shivarami Reddy filed a case against Bhargava Ram in October 2019 at the Allahbad Police Station for allegedly obstructing public servant’s duty. Reportedly, he fled when police came to arrest him.
- Right after the case was filed against her husband, Akhila Priya accused the police of foisting cases against her husband to stifle her voice after she visited Tummalapalli in Kadapa to take the stock of the pollution caused by uranium mining. Adding to the accusations, she said-
The police have the right to stop us from protesting, but they do not have the right to threaten us by filing false cases.”
- She considers the Cabinet Minister for information technology, Panchayati Raj and rural development in Andhra Pradesh, and son of the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N. Chandrababu Naidu, Lokesh Nara as his brother.