Dhruv Rathee is an Indian YouTuber, Activist, and Mechanical Design Engineer who shares his views on contemporary social, political, and environmental issues of India. Often a faction of society considers him to be the follower of AAP and left-wing supporter who opposes the Bhartiya Janta Party and abides by the right-wing ideology. He negates any such allegations and claims to be a politically neutral person. Let’s dig out some of the interesting facts about Dhruv Rathee that you’ll read about and enjoy.
The Libran YouTuber was born on 8 October 1994 (age 24; as in 2018) in Haryana, India. Since his teenage, he used to actively take part in campaigns like Greenpeace, and Sea Shepard.
In 2014, during his higher studies, he made a YouTube channel under his name Dhruv Rathee, and initially, posted a few travel and photography videos with his iPhone.
During the Anna Hazare movement of 2011, he started taking a deep interest in politics and shifted his focus from fun videos to serious contemporary political topics. In 2016, he made a video on the Even-Odd Traffic Rule of Delhi. According to him, he was prompted to make videos on political issues after he wanted to give a reply to a Delhi boy; who was a part of the propaganda against Arvind Kejriwal and praised Narendra Modi.
Dhruv Rathee has a lean body, a height of around 6′ 1″ and weighs around 75 kg.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to the Jatt Community. There is not much information about his parents and siblings. In April 2019, he posted a picture of his girlfriend on his Instagram account.
Since his childhood, he has been a bright student. He did his schooling from a CBSE school in India, and later went to Germany to pursue his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from Germany. He also did his Masters in Renewable Energy Engineering. He initially worked as a Mechanical Design Engineer, and later, his interest in social awareness and politics made him a successful YouTuber.
- He has been criticised for his anti-government views, bias towards a particular political party, and other social issues.
- On 9 May 2018, a police complaint was filed against him in Delhi by a software engineer and BJP volunteer, Vikas Pandey; as Rathee accused Pandey of circulating the fake news through his Facebook page “I Support Narendra Modi.” In October 2018, Pandey sued Dhruv Rathee for a defamation of ₹15 lakhs; as Rathee posted a video on his YouTube channel that alleged that Vikas Pandey was a member of the BJP IT Cell and had tried to bribe Mahaveer Prasad, an alleged former BJP IT Cell member, for an unethical task.
Friends, I have initiated Civil defamation suite against Mr. @dhruv_rathee. Hon. Court has taken cognisance of my suite. He had made false claims against me in a popular video saying I offered bribes of huge amount to someone without ANY proof. Read:https://t.co/9m7f0n1ujz [1/3]
— Vikas Pandey Chowkidar (@MODIfiedVikas) October 1, 2018
- In March 2019, Facebook blocked Dhruv Rathee’s Facebook page for a while, when he posted about Hitler’s rise like the right-wing extremism in the present scenario. However, later his page was revived by Facebook with an apology.
- He is an avid follower of the news channel, NDTV, and journalist, Ravish Kumar. Moreover, he was also invited on Ravish Kumar’s show Prime Time on NDTV.
- His favourite films include Interstellar, The Martian, and Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
- He begins his day with Hindustan Times, Indian Express, and The Hindu.
- He follows blogs such as Logical Indian, Wire.in, and Newslaundry.
- In his free time, he likes watching movies, photography, reading detective books, travelling, and scuba diving.
- He neither smokes nor drinks alcohol.
- He operates a Facebook group called “Dhruv Rathee Squad” to counter Fake News.
- He also runs a segment called “Pee News,” a satirical news programme.
- He is a Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) certified advanced level scuba diver (depths of up to 100 feet). The Talented Indian
- As of 2018, he has more than 1 million YouTube subscribers.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||The Talented Indian|