Siddhant Chaturvedi is a model, actor, and writer. He came into the spotlight with his work in the web series “Inside Edge.” He became a household name after portraying the role of MC Sher in the 2019 Bollywood musical drama film Gully Boy.
Siddhant Chaturvedi was born on 29 April 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019) in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh to a Chartered Accountant father. His mother is a homemaker. He was inclined towards acting right from his childhood and moved to Mumbai with his family when he was 5-year-old. He completed Bachelors of Commerce from Mithibai College, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
In an interview, he said that before becoming an actor, he wanted to become a Chartered Accountant; just like his father. When Siddhanth was in college, he won the ‘Clean & Clear Bombay Times Fresh Face 2012’ title; after which he decided to take up modelling as his career. He has also received training in martial arts and western-classical dance.
When asked about his journey in Bollywood, Siddhant replied-
I struggled for six years and there were many rejections and low points along the way. I started from the bottom. But I always had this raging ambition to go out there and prove myself with that one perfect opportunity. I always used to think ‘ki apna time kab ayega’. And as luck would have it, Zoya had been looking for MC Sher for a year and I happened to be there at the right time.”
Height: 6’ 1”
Weight: 80 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 42”, Waist 30”, Biceps 14”
Siddhant started his career with modelling. Subsequently, he featured in a few TV commercials. Thereafter, he joined a theatre group in Mumbai and did a number of plays. He not only acted in the plays but also wrote dialogues.
During one of his plays, Luv Ranjan, film director, noticed him and offered him the role of “Sahil Hooda” in his TV serial “Life Sahi Hai.” However, he came into limelight after working in Excel’s Amazon Prime web-series “Inside Edge.”
In 2019, he made his debut in Bollywood with the film “Gully Boy,” which starred Ranveer Singh. He did a supporting role in the film. He became a household name after his performance in the film.
- Actor(s): Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda, Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Film Genre: Action
- Rap: Azadi from Gully Boy
- Rapper: Divine
- Colour: White
- Clean and Clear Bombay Times Fresh Face 2012
- Clean and Clear The Times of India Fresh Face 2013
- Siddhant’s hobbies include painting, singing, and poetry writing.
- His friends and family fondly call him Sid.
- He is an avid animal lover.
- Siddhant loves playing the guitar.
- It was Zoya Akhtar who chose him for Gully Boy; after she spotted him dancing at the success party of Excel-produced Amazon show Inside Edge.
- Siddhant had joined the Gully Boy’s team just 22 days before the commencement of its shooting.
- Siddhant and Ranveer Singh both are huge fans of Govinda.