Yumna Zaidi is a popular Pakistani television actress. She is known for performing very extraordinary roles in Urdu television dramas like Khushi Ek Roag, Meri Dulari, Dil Muhallay Ki Haveli, Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se, Mausam, Guzaarish, and Zara Yaad Kar. Yumna is an established actress who has received seven Hum Award nominations.
Yumna Zaidi was born on Saturday, 30 July 1989 (age 32 years; as of 2021) in Karachi, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Leo. Yumna is from a village of Arifwala tehsil in the Pakpattan district of Pakistan. She attended Sacred Heart Convent School in Lahore for her primary education. She got enrolled in the University of Home Economics, Lahore for a Master’s degree in Arts, Design & Architecture. YouTube Soon after earning a master’s degree, she moved with her family to the United States.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 50 Kg
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Yumna Zaidi was born to Zameendar Zaidi and Shabana Naheed Zaidi, in a Muslim family in Lahore, Pakistan. Her father, Zameendar Zaidi, was a businessman, and her mother, Shabana Naheed Zaidi, is a homemaker. On 6 June 2019, Yumna lost her father due to heart failure.
Yumna Zaidi has three siblings; two elder sisters, and a younger brother. Her sister’s names are Mehreen Zaidi and Alizah Zaidi. Her younger brother, Muhammad Shahzeb, is a businessman in the US.
Yumna Zaidi began her acting career in 2012 with a small supporting role in ARY Digital’s 2012 domestic drama ‘Thakan’ as Mehak. Yumna’s performance as ‘Mehak’ was very much appreciated by the audience after which she was offered to play the main lead in ARY Digital’s melodrama ‘Khushi Ek Roag’ in which she played the role of Aabroo. Yumna Zaidi portrayed the character of Maryam in ‘Teri Raah Main Rul Gai’ Urdu 1. In 2013, Yumna Zaidi played emotionally intense characters for the shows like Geo TV’s ‘Meri Dulari’ and Hum TV’s ‘Ullu Baraye Farokht Nahi’ for which she got her first nominations at the Hum Awards in 2014.
The serial that proved to be a breakthrough for Yumna’s career was ‘Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se.’ She played the character of a troubled wife in this tragic romantic drama and won Hum Award for the Best Actress and Best Actress Popular nominations 2016. Later, she became part of many popular television shows including Mausam, Madawa, Guzaarish, Jugnoo, Kaanch Ki Guriya, Paras, and Aap ki Kaneez.
In 2017, Yumna Zaidi worked in Hum TV’s ‘Yeh Raha Dil’ as Hayat opposite Ahmed Ali. Yumna played a young girl whose mother had died, and whose father deserted her at a young age, living alone in a house and facing financial issues still having a playful and charming personality. Her on-screen chemistry with Ahmed Ali was appreciated by the audience, leading them to earn the nominations for the Best on-screen couple at Hum Awards 2018.
Yumna Zaidi made her first appearance in a television series with Hum TV’s ‘Subah Be Daagh Hai’ as Ayesha in 2014. Later in 2019, she was seen in ‘Shaadi Impossible’, and ‘Raajay Ki Raaji.’
- ‘Nominated for Best Supporting Actress’ at Hum Awards 2014 for Ullu Baraye Farokht Nahi
- ‘Nominated for Best Actress’ at Hum Awards 2014 for Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se
- ‘Nominated for Best Actress Popular’ at Hum Awards 2014 for Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se
- ‘Nominated for Best Villain’ at Hum Awards 2015 for Mausam
- ‘Nominated for Best Actress’ at Hum Awards 2016 for Jugnoo
- ‘Nominated for Best Actress Popular’ at Hum Awards 2016 for Jugnoo
- ‘Nominated for Best On-screen couple’ for her appearance with Ahmed Ali at Hum Awards 2018 for Yeh Raha Dil
- ‘Best Actress’ at Hum Awards 2018 for Dar Si Jaati Hai Sila
- ‘Best TV Actress’ at Lux Style Awards 2020 for Inkaar
- In 2016, Yumna Zaidi’s crime drama series ‘Udaari’ was banned before going on air. She stood against this action and said,
It depends on a social reason and we ought to make mindfulness in our general public through such dramatization serials”
- On 18 May 2021, Yumna Zaidi posted a silent video on her Instagram account, condemning the airstrikes by Israel on Gaza. She wore a Palestinian scarf wrapped around her neck to show solidarity with Palestinians from Pakistan. Yumna, with her silent video, delivered the message,
O Israel, you have been fighting Palestine for about 60 years now, using advanced weapons and aid from strong countries against a country that has no army, no weapon, no money and no central government but you still haven’t manage to win. When will you get it?”
Yumna Zaidi used popular hashtags like #freepalestine, #stopgazabombing, and #speakforpalestine for her silent video. She also updated her Instagram profile picture with a logo, expressing Pakistan’s support to the Palestinians.
- Food: Biryani, Pasta
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Mahira Khan
- Colour: Pink
- Yumna Zaidi made her acting debut when she was studying in the 8th grade. According to Yumna, she was an introvert at that time and never thought of choosing acting as her profession. It was on his close friend Affan Waheed’s insistence that she opted to act in ARY Digital’s ‘Thakan.’
- Yumna Zaidi has also worked as a Radio Jockey and has hosted many shows.
- Yumna Zaidi was very fond of music since childhood, and she can play musical instruments like the sitar and the guitar.
- Yumna Zaidi follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Yumna Zaidi has interests in painting and poetry. She refers to her mother as an inspiration for her to write poems. Yumna’s mother also writes poems.
- Yumna is a fitness freak and follows a very strict diet to maintain her fitness level. She also motivates her fans to follow a fitness routine by posting her diet and workout routines on her social media handles.
- Yumna Zaidi has walked the runway for many renowned designers of Pakistan. She walked the runway as a showstopper for the designer Aisha Farid’s collection, Crystalline, on Hum TV’s Bridal Couture Week in January 2021.
- Yumna is a popular social media star with more than 4 million followers on her Instagram account.
- Yumna Zaidi’s brother, Muhammad Shahzeb, gifted her a GMC car on the occasion of Eid in September 2016.
- Yumna is a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan.
- Yumna Zaidi admired the work of late Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan, and on his demise on 29 April 2020, she took to Instagram to pay a tribute to the legendary actor.