Megha Chakraborty is an Indian actress who primarily appears in Hindi television shows. She is well known for playing the role of Imlie Singh Rathore in the Hindi television show Imlie season 2 (2022) on StarPlus.
Megha Chakraborty was born on Friday, 3 May 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022) in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Megha attended Alipore Multipurpose Government Girls School in Alipore, Kolkata and Jodhpur Park Girls’ School in Kolkata. She pursued her graduation at Sammilani Mahavidyalaya in Kolkata, which is affiliated with the University of Calcutta.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 33-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Megha’s father’s name is Sakti Chakroborty.
Her mother’s name is Tultl Chakroborty.
Megha has an elder brother, Kaustav Chakraborty, who is an Indian film director and editor.
Megha Chakraborty is unmarried.
In May 2019, it was rumoured that Megha Chakraborty dated Hitank Kedia, the creative director and producer of the Hindi television shows. As per sources, the two met on the sets of Megha’s debut television show, Badii Devrani. The Times of India
In 2014, Megha Chakraborty made her Bengali debut with the film Action in which she played the role of Rini.
In 2019, she appeared as Mahima in the short film Confessions on YouTube. In 2022, Megha appeared in the short film Desert Tears as Gulaal on YouTube.
In 2013, Megha Chakraborty made her acting debut with the Bengali television show Joto Hashi Tato Ranna on Star Jalsha.
In 2015, she appeared in the Hindi television show Badii Devrani in which she played the role of Reeti Poddar on &TV. In 2016, she appeared as Niyati Bajpayee in the show Khwaabon Ki Zamin Par on Zindagi. In 2017, Megha played the role of Mastani in the show Peshwa Bajirao on Sony TV.
In 2018, she shot to fame with the StarPlus show Krishna Chali London in which she played the role of Dr Krishna Dubey Sahay.
In 2020, Megha played the role of Garima Rajawat in the Hindi television show Kaatelal & Sons on Sony SAB. In April 2022, she appeared in the show Chuski Zindagi Ki as Kirti on The Q. In September 2022, she appeared as Imlie Singh Rathore in season 2 of the Hindi television show Imlie.
In 2021, Megha Chakraborty started a production house, Mismanaged Company, along with her co-actor Sahil Phull from the Hindi television show Kaatelal & Sons. Megha was also the co-producer of the web series Dil-e-Couch, which was uploaded on YouTube on 31 October 2021.
In October 2021, Megha made her digital debut with the web series Dil-e-Couch in which she played the role of Nima on YouTube.
In November 2021, Megha was featured in the music video Ho Tum Kahan on YouTube.
In 2018, Megha Chakraborty won the Favourite Beti Award for the television show Krishna Chali London at Star Parivaar Awards.
Megha Chakraborty owns a Honda WR-V VX car.
- Food: Fish Curry, Chicken, and Reshami Kebab
- Cuisine(s): Chinese and Bengali
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan (Bollywood), Parambrata Chattopadhyay, Abir Chatterjee, and Kharaj Mukherjee (Tollywood)
- Film(s): Titanic (Hollywood) and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (Bollywood)
- Colour(s): White, Pink, and Blue
- Holiday Destination(s): Kashmir and Europe
- Restaurant: Oh! Calcutta in Mumbai
- Song: “Pehla Nasha” from the Bollywood film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
- Cartoon Character(s): Tom and Jerry
- In an interview, Megha revealed that she never used glycerin to act in an emotional scene on screen. Mid-Day
- To prepare for her role of Mastani in the television show Peshwa Bajirao, Megha took training classes for sword fighting and horse riding. The Times of India
- Megha’s hobbies include partying, going for long drives, and dancing.
- Megha is an avid dog lover, and she actively works for animal welfare. Megha has four pet dogs, Kaju, Chinki, Gullu, and Luchi. In January 2017, she found a street dog wounded on the road, and decided to adopt him. In an interview, Megha requested her fans not to buy a dog, but rather adopt one. She said,
Yes, I absolutely love dogs and cats, I have had pets since my childhood. My mom is equally fond of dogs, so having pets at home was never a problem. I urge our viewers to be more compassionate towards animals and not hurt them. I feel very bad when people abandon their pets. If you can’t take care of pets or adopt them then at least send them to animal shelters. Also, try feeding stray animals as much as you can.” The Times of India
- To prepare for her role in the Hindi television show Krishna Chali London, Megha took diction classes to improve her Hindi. In an interview, Megha mentioned that her Hindi pronunciation was not good as she was brought up in Kolkata. She said,
- In October 2016, Megha shared a post on Facebook in which she revealed that she was cheated by an auto driver, who gave her a fake Rs 100 note instead of a real one.