Sana Fakhar is a renowned Pakistani TV and film actress. She is also a successful model in Pakistan.
Sana Fakhar was born on Saturday, 16 June 1979 (age 40 years; as in 2019), in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She did her schooling from Aligarh School in Multan and graduated from Queen Mary University, Lahore. After marriage, she changed her name from Sana Nawaz to Sana Fakhar.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Sana belongs to a Pakistani Muslim family. She is the daughter of Khawar Mumtaz and Kamil Khan Mumtaz. She is the youngest among her sisters- Shagufta and Rehana.
On 13 December 2008, she got married to her boyfriend ‘Fakhar Imam.’ Imam is an actor and model by profession. They are blessed with two sons, Azi Imam and Rayaan Imam.
In 1995, she started her career as a model, and soon, she became popular in Pakistan.
Her entry in Lollywood was with the film ‘Sangam’ (1997). Later, she did a few item numbers in some Pakistani films.
She participated as a contestant in the Pakistani TV reality show ‘Madventures Season 1,’ (2003).
Apart from Lollywood, she did a small role in the Bollywood movie, ‘Kaafila’ (2007) starring Sunny Deol.
She made her debut in the Pakistani TV industry with the serial ‘Jeena Sikha Do Hamein’ (2012). Thereafter, she went on to appear in many Pakistani movies and TV serials.
In 2013, she tried her luck in the Punjabi movie ‘Dil Pardesi Ho Gaya.’
Later, in 2017, she appeared in the Pakistani drama ‘Alif Allah Aur Insaan.’ This was one of the best TV serials of the Pakistani TV industry.
In 2019, she was selected for the Pakistani web series- Mind games.
Sana posted a personal comment on Instagram against ‘Noor Bukhari,’ which turned out to be a big controversy in the Pakistani Media.
Awards & Honours
- Lux Style Award: Best Film Actress for the film Yeh Dil Aap Ka Huwa (2003)
- Hum Awards: Best Supporting Actress for the TV serial Alif Allah Aur Insaan (2018)
- Food: Dim Sim (A Chinese Dish)
- Actor: Adnan Siddiqui
- Actress(es): Reema Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Bushra Ansari
- Film(s): Maine Pyar Kiya (Bollywood, 1989), The Notebook (Hollywood, 2004)
- Singer(s): Mehdi Hassan and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Colour(s): Black and White
- Designer Brands: Zara and Mango
- Director: Jawed Sheikh
- Her hobbies include biking, Marshal arts, horse riding, swimming, and travelling.
- She loves motorcycles and owns a Harley-Davidson Iron 883.
- She had gained massive weight after her pregnancy. To shed that weight, she practised Yoga and started gymming.
- In an interview, she said that the veteran Pakistani actor ‘Jawed Sheikh’ is her mentor.
- Reportedly, she went under the knives, to enhance her facial looks.
- She loves to travel all around the world.