Adhik Ravichandran is an Indian film director, writer, and actor, who predominantly works in Tamil cinema. He is known for directing the blockbuster Tamil-language film Mark Antony (2023).
Adhik Ravichandran was born on Sunday, 17 September 1989 (age 34 years; as of 2023) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40″, Waist: 32″, Biceps: 14″
Parents & Siblings
Adhik Ravichandran’s father, Ravi Kandhasamy, is an assistant director. He has two siblings, Janani Murugesan, and Manu Ravichandran.
On 15 December 2023, Adhik Ravichandran got married to Aishwarya Prabhu, daughter of Prabhu Manrayar Ganesamoorthy, in a private ceremony in Chennai.
Adhik Ravichandran dated Aishwarya Prabhu for a few years before they got married.
Director and Writer
In 2015, Adhik Ravichandran made his directorial debut with the Tamil language romantic comedy film Trisha Illana Nayantara. He was also the writer of the film. The film went on to become a success at the box office and was later dubbed into the Telugu language. In 2017, he directed and wrote the Tamil-language action comedy film Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan, also known as AAA. The film failed at the box office and mainly received negative reviews from the critics. In 2023, he directed and wrote his third Tamil-language film, Bagheera, which was released on 3 March 2023. The movie ended up being a failure and received mostly negative reviews from viewers. On 14 September 2023, another Tamil-language science fiction action comedy film titled ‘Mark Antony,’ directed by Adhik Ravichandran, was released in the theatres. It soon became a box office hit, earning over Rs. 100 crores.
In 2019, Adhik Ravichandran made his debut as an actor with a cameo appearance in the Tamil-language psychological mystery film K-13 as Vijay. In August 2019, he played the role of Vishwa in the Tamil-language legal drama film Nerkonda Paarvai. The film was a remake of the blockbuster hit Bollywood film Pink, which had Amitabh Bachchan in the lead role. In 2022, he featured in the Tamil-language psychological action thriller film Cobra.
Adhik Ravichandran owns a BMW car. He was gifted this car by Vinod Kumar, the producer of the film Mark Antony, on the success of the film.
Thank you dear @vinod_offl sir So sweet of you to gift me this beautiful BMW,Such a kind gesture Sir.
Thank you dear Mark Antony @VishalKOfficial anna for making this happen with dear Jackie Pandian @iam_SJSuryah sir + @gvprakash sirs Massacre,@selvaraghavan… pic.twitter.com/O734Y7GLpV
— Adhik Ravichandran (@Adhikravi) October 30, 2023
- Adhik’s mother did not want him to follow a career in the film industry as his father was not able to make his directorial debut despite working as an assistant director for nearly 2 decades. Therefore, Adhik chose to major in engineering rather than his dream subject of visual communication in order to please his mother.
- He trained under Major A. K. Raveendran, who is an actor and a director predominantly working in Malayalam cinema, as an assistant director.
- In 2017, Adhik Ravichandran openly criticised Silambarasan, a Kollywood actor, for showing arrogance on the set of the film Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan. He blamed Silambarasan for the failure of the film and accused him of being arrogant while production was underway. He claimed that Silambarasan wanted to cut the movie into two parts and stop the shooting. In an interview, while talking about Silambarasan’s behaviour, he said,
When I realised things were getting out of hand, I wanted to stop the shooting. I told the producer that doing part 1 and part 2 for the movie will be a problem. But the producer spoke to him and said that things will be sorted out. Even my reputation has taken a beating.” The News Minute
- In 2019, he wrote the dialogues of the Tamil dubbed version of the Hindi-language action comedy film Dabangg 3.
- In 2023, Adhik Ravichandran sang the song ‘I Love You Di’ composed by GV Prakash for the Tamil film Mark Antony.
- According to him, he enjoys eating Andhra cuisine and Spaghetti, a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine.
- In his leisure time, he enjoys watching the 80’s films as he believes that these films have a healthy combination of story and entertainment.