Apeksha Porwal is an Indian model and actor. She has participated in multiple beauty pageants including Miss Universe and Miss India. In 2020, she debuted and earned fame as an actor in the web television series ‘Undekhi’ directed by Ashish R. Shukla in which she played the role of a girl named Koyal. She has also worked in the Hotstar television series ‘Dil Bekaraar’ in 2021 and in the Bollywood movie ‘Badhaai Do’ as a supporting actor, which was released in 2022.
Apeksha Porwal was born on Sunday, 29 August 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, India. E Times She did her schooling at Smt Sulochanadevi Singhania School, Thane, and then she went on to complete her graduation in Economic honours from St. Xaviers College, Mumbai. At a very young age, she desired to win prominent beauty pageants.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 33-26-34
Apeksha belongs to a Hindu Marwadi community in Rajasthan; her family lives in Nasik, while she lives in Mumbai.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Sanjay Porwal, is a chartered architect, who practises in Mumbai and was once a member of the AAP, and her mother, Sangita Porwal, is a Yoga trainer. She has an elder sister, Abhilasha Porwal.
In 2015, she was a finalist at the Femina Miss India, where she won the title of Fujifilm Miss Selfie. It was her childhood dream to enter the fashion industry and earn fame. During a live session, she claimed,
She has appeared in many TV commercials including Imperial Blue, FBB, L’Oreal, and Whisper.
Theatre and Films
She is a trained method actor. She did a 9-month diploma programme at Jeff Goldberg Studio in Mumbai, where she studied method acting under Jeff Goldberg, who is an actor, director and a former faculty member at the world-class Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York, USA. Actors Neeraj Kabi and Atul Mongia have also taught her acting under their mentorship. Deranged marriage, a comedy theatre production, had many shows all over India in 2016-17 in which Apeksha played the role of the lead actor. She has also been a part of a play which was adapted from ‘Six Characters in Search of an author,’ a classical play by an Italian dramatist, Luigi Pirandello. In 2018, she was cast in the web series ‘Imperfect’ by Anand Tiwari. India times In an interview, she talked about her experience in the showbiz industry and said,
With two releases in the form of Badhaai Do and Undekhi Season 2, I feel truly grateful. When I started out as an actor, I wanted to play characters that would make me push my boundaries as a performer. I was also keen on playing diverse roles so that I could show my versatility as an actor and do not get stereotyped. I am also fortunate to have worked with some incredibly talented artists so early in my career. Sharing the screen with Bhumi Pednekar in Badhaai Do and Dibyendu Bhattacharya in Undekhi 2 was a wonderful experience.” filmibeat
- In 2009, she won the title of Miss Teen India International.
- In 2015, she won the title of Femina Miss India Delhi.
- In 2015, she became the 1st runner-up at Miss India Worldwide.
- In 2017, she became the 2nd runner-up at Miss Diva.
- In 2017, she became the 2nd runner-up at Miss Universe India.
- Food: Pani Puri, Bombay Chaat
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Game: Chess
- Sportsperson: Viswanathan Anand
- Cartoon: Tom and Jerry, Popeye
- Web series: Game of Thrones, Schitt’s Creek
- Movie(s): The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Letters to Juliet, Snatch, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- Song: ‘Catch & Release’ by Matt Simons
- Hobbies: Reading, dancing
- Author: Jane Austen
- Place: Istanbul
- Quote: “One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.”
- Apeksha is a trained Kathak dancer, and she has also been a national-level chess player.
- She is fluent in Hindi, English, and Marathi.
- She likes to go to beaches rather than mountains.
- Her nicknames at home are Chiky and Chhotu, and her friends call her Appy, Applebee, Peky, and Mingu.
- In 2015, she co-founded a social enterprise named Janta Meals, which sets up restaurants in slum areas of Mumbai and sells food at affordable rates.
- She likes reading classic novels and autobiographies and exploring unconventional places, which have a history behind their existence.
- She likes to go on international trips and explore exotic places. She has been to Bali, Phuket, and Istanbul.
- In an interview, on being asked which one law she would like to break, she replied,
Telecast the banned documentary ‘India’s Daughter’ across the nation in multiplexes.”
- She has more than 80k followers on Instagram and more than 900k followers on Facebook.
- The craziest rumour that she heard about herself was that she and her group of girlfriends are lesbians.