Shweta Kawaatra is an Indian actress and model. She is best known for her roles in the StarPlus’ TV shows Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (2000-2008) and Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan (2002-2009).
Shweta Kawaatra (aka Shweta Kawatra) was born on Tuesday, 10 February 1976 (age 46 years; as of 2022) in Delhi, India. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She grew up in New Delhi, where she studied from 9th standard to 12th standard at Summer Fields School. In 1996, she moved to Mumbai, where she started living with her husband and daughter.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-30-34
Parents & Siblings
Shweta Kawaatra’s parents, Virender Kawatra and Vanita Kawatra, are both wellness coaches. Vanita is also an entrepreneur. Shweta has a sister named Anjuli Kawatra.
Husband & Children
On 25 December 2004, Shweta Kawaatra tied the knot with Manav Gohil, who is an actor. They welcomed a baby girl on 11 May 2012 and named her Zahra Tabeetha Gohil.
Shweta Kawaatra practices Buddhism and is a member of Soka Gakkai, a Japanese Buddhist religious movement based on the teachings of the 13th century. The Times of India
Shweta Kawaatra debuted in Ekta Kapoor‘s production ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’ (2000-2008) as Pallavi Agarwal, where she met her future husband Manav. The show is still considered the most iconic and highly watched soap opera of all time as it went on for 8 long years.
She was cast in the TV show ‘Baal Veer’ to play the role of ‘bhayankar pari,’ an evil witch.
She is best known for her role as Nivedita Mittal in ‘Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan’ (2002-2009).
Shweta worked in a drama television show ‘Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat’ starring Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar in 2017. She was also cast in TV serials like ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin,’ ‘C.I.D.,’ ‘Ghar Ek Mandir,’ ‘Rishtey,’ ‘C.I.D.,’ ‘Ye Meri Life Hai,’ ‘Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar,’ ‘Gaadi Bula Rahi Hai.’ She did a guest performance in ‘Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai,’ and ‘Tyohaar Ki Thaali.’
The ‘Adaalat’ actress also performed in the TV show ‘Phulwa’ as SSP Amrita Tiwari.
Reality TV show
The ‘Kasautii Zindagi Kay’ actress was a contestant in season 1 of a TV show called ‘Fear Factor India’ in 2006.
Shweta and her husband participated in the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye season 2’ in 2006.
In 2015, Shweta Kawaatra appeared on the television show ‘Sawaal-e-Ishq,’ where she interacted with people and gave suggestions on relationships and life.
Shweta Kawaatra was cast as a host alongside actor Varun Badola in a comedy show ‘Sohni Mahiwal’ which aired on Doordarshan in 2006.
In 2005, Shweta Kawaatra made her Bollywood debut with ‘My Brother Nikhil’ as Anjali Menzez, a Lawyer. In 2011, she was cast to play the character of a psychiatrist, Dr Sania, in the film ‘Murder 2.’
She gave a cameo appearance in the film ‘Azhar’ as a magazine journalist in 2016.
Shweta has been featured in many Hindi drama short films including ‘Lali ka Hero.’
In the Hindi short film Friction, she played the role of Roskija.
Shweta Kawaatra participated in the Femina Look of the Year contest in 1995.
She has been featured on the cover of Gr8 magazine.
She has walked the ramp at many events like the NPL fashion show, a charity fashion show in support of cancer patients, and the Gitanjali show for IIJW.
In 2006, it was alleged by the media that Manav and his wife, Shweta Kawatra, distributed 200 SIM cards to their family and friends to collect more votes for the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 2.” There were rumours that they had purchased pre-paid SIM cards from a dealer in Andheri and got them registered in the names of the dealer’s staff. However, later, the couple refused the rumours and said that those stories were cooked up just to ruin their chances of winning the show. The Times of India
- 2nd Indian Telly Awards in 2002 for ‘Best Actress’ in a negative role for the TV show ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’
- Star Parivaar Awards in 2003 for ‘Best Devrani’ for the TV show ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii’
- City: Vancouver (Canada)
- Country: South Africa
- Bird: Owl
- Colour: Yellow
- Drink: Black coffee
- Shweta’s mother fondly calls her ‘Chinu.’ Instagram – Shweta Kawaatra
- She likes travelling, hiking, and trekking.
- Shweta Kawaatra is very concerned about her health and skin. She often shares photos of her nutritious food and facial exercises.
- After giving birth to her daughter, Shweta Kawaatra suffered from postpartum depression. Instagram – Shweta Kawaatra
- Shweta has a poodle-breed dog named Miss Maya Angelou Kawaatra. Instagram – Shweta Kawaatra
- Shweta Kawaatra considers herself an amateur Interior designer. A magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, featured Shweta and her husband for transforming their 1500 square feet apartment in Mumbai into a cosy home.
- Shweta likes to read books, and also doing yoga & pilates.
- She views Daisaku Ikeda, a Japanese Buddhist philosopher, as her source of inspiration.
- Shweta and her husband, Manav, appeared in Zee TV’s game show ‘Ghar Ghar Main,’ which was hosted by Manish Paul and Vipul Roy.
- She loves horse riding and encouraged her daughter into learning too.
- Shweta Kawaatra has a tattoo that reads ‘Believe’ with a flying bird on her left arm.