Manish Paul is an Indian actor, model, anchor, and television host. He is one of the best-known hosts of the Indian television industry.
Manish Paul was born on 3 August 1981 (age 40 years, as of 2021) in Malviya Nagar, Delhi. His zodiac sign is Leo.
He attended Delhi’s Apeejay School and went to College of Vocational Studies, University of Delhi to pursue his B.A. in Tourism. After completing his graduation, Manish started hosting cultural events in schools and colleges. He, then, relocated to Mumbai and started his career as a Radio Jockey.
Height (approx.): 6’ 1”
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 33″, Biceps 15″
Family, Caste & Wife
Manish Paul belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, Jagmohan Paul, is an accountant. His mother is a housewife. He has one elder brother, Vevek Paul, and an elder sister, Jyoti Paul Mohan.
He got married to his school girlfriend, Sanyukta, after dating her for 13 years. Sanyukta is a teacher by profession. The couple has a daughter, Saisha Paul, and a son, Yuvann.
Manish started his television career in 2002 by hosting the show “Sunday Tango” on Star Plus. Next, he worked as a VJ with Zee Music. Subsequently, he joined Radio City as a Radio Jockey and hosted the morning drive time show “Kasa Kai Mumbai.”
In 2006, Manish appeared in the TV serial “Ghost Bana Dost” in which he played the role of the ghost. Subsequently, he appeared in many TV serials like “Chhoona Hai Aasmaan,” “Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi,” “Zindadil,” “Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai,” “Wheel Ghar Ghar Mein,” and “Kahani Shuru with Love Guru.” However, he decided to quit daily soaps in 2008 and remained absent from television for 8 months.
In 2009, Paul got a break as a host in the Zee TV’s show “Ghar Ghar Mein.” His work was liked by the audience and paved his way for hosting shows like “Saa Ree Gaa Maa Paa,” “Dance India Dance,” and “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
Manish made his film debut in 2013 by playing the role of the computer geek in “Mickey Virus.” He has also appeared in the lead roles in the Bollywood films “Tere Bin Laden: Dead or Alive” and “Baa Baaa Black Sheep.”
Later, he even hosted the shows like “Indian Idol 10” and “Science of Stupid.”
As a model, Paul has walked the ramp for various fashion designers like Vikram Phadnis.
He has also featured on the covers of various magazines including the “FitLook Magazine,” “Bollywood Town Magazine,” and “FitNGlam magazine.”
- Manish annoyed Shahid Kapoor after he posted the wedding pictures of Shahid and his wife Mira on Twitter. Later, Shahid made sure that Paul skips the shooting of the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, at least for a day.
- Paul again upset the actor, Shahid Kapoor, by telling an inappropriate joke on his personal life on the sets of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 8. Shahid who keeps his personal life away from the media got annoyed with his comments and expressed it too.
- Manish attracted controversy when he replaced Drashti Dhami in the season 7 of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. When asked about the same, Manish said, “Our friendship is not affected at all by this. I spoke to Drashti before taking up the show. She is a very dear friend of mine. When I told her I will be replacing her she graciously accepted that and there was no problem as such. I don’t know why Drashti got replaced.”
- Paul landed into a controversy in 2016 when he was asked to do a film on homosexuality with Anupam Kher’s son, Sikander Kher. Manish, on being asked if he was comfortable doing the film, he lip-locked Sikander in front of the cameras.
Salary & Net Worth
Manish’s net worth is estimated to be Rs. 4 Crore, and he gets paid Rs. 2.5 Crore for hosting one season of a reality/television show.
In March 2022, he bought a Mercedes-Benz GLS 400d 4Matic SUV.
- Best Entertainer Of The Year at the JustUrbane Awards
- Best Host Award for Indian Idol 10 at the Telly Awards
- PTC Film Award for Rising Star Entertainer Of The Year
- Food: Chole Bhature, Italian & Indian Cuisines
- Actor: Al Pacino
- Comedian: Bharti Singh
- TV Hosts: Amitabh Bachchan, Farooq Shaikh, Shekhar Suman, Ellen DeGeneres
- Film: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983)
- Holiday Destinations: Jaipur, Interlaken in Switzerland
- Fashion Designer: Manish Malhotra
- Sport: Golf
- His hobbies include doing meditation, workout, and playing cricket and basketball.
- In addition to TV shows, Manish has hosted around 18 award nights and other events as well.
- Despite coming from a family of financial experts, Manish was least interested in studies.
- Paul shares a good bond with the TV actor Siddharth Shukla.
- When Manish landed in Mumbai for the first time, he walked from the airport to his grandmother’s place in Chembur as he didn’t have the money to hire a taxi.
- For all his style of hosting and humour, Paul gives credit to his father.
- Manish hates disclosing his earnings to someone.
- Manish and Sanyukta (his wife) have studied in the same school from their nursery class.
- The year 2008 was not so good for Manish; as he had no work for around 9-10 months, the reason was a producer who had misbehaved with Paul, which led him to sit at home. At one point in time, he didn’t have enough money to pay even his rent.
- Paul considers his wife, Sanyukta, as the secret of his success.
- When asked about his craziest fan moment, he replied- “Recently, I went for a college event in Pune where the girls asked me to show my abs. When I didn’t, they tore my shirt. I went on stage wearing only jeans.”
- He is a huge fan of Amitabh Bachchan. His wardrobe has a seven-foot poster of Amitabh and a badge with his name on it which is autographed by Amitabh Bachchan.
- According to Paul, the most memorable moment for him was one of the award nights where he was awarded the ‘Best Anchor’ Award. He read out the nomination himself before being handed over the trophy.
- She has got inked a ‘Star’ on his right wrist.
- In 2016, according to a report published in Mid Day, Manish was the highest-paid Non-Bollywood Host. He was paid Rs. 2.5 Crore for hosting one season of the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
- Paul is referred to as the ‘Sultan of Stage’ by his fans.