Raunaq Kamdar is an Indian architect, actor and theatre artist, who mostly works in the Gujarati theatre and Gujarati film industry. He is known for playing the role of Kunal in Krishnadev Yagnik’s Gujarati film Naadi Dosh (2022).
Raunaq Kamdar was born on Wednesday, 5 March 1986 (age 37 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
Raunaq grew up in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, where he did his schooling at St. Xavier’s High School, Loyola Hall. He attended CEPT University (School of Architecture), Ahmedabad, from 2003 to 2009 to pursue a degree in architecture. Alap Kamdar He was the cultural secretary of his college. Growing up, Raunaq was fascinated by the stage and associated himself with his school’s theatre group in 2001. Raunaq performed in various plays in his school and college days. During his college days, he equally contributed to both studies and theatre. After completing his graduation, Raunaq Barry John Acting Studio in Mumbai to pursue a course in acting. Soon, he associated himself with the theatre group Curtain Call.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Raunaq Kamdar belongs to a Gujarati family. Raunaq Kamdar – Instagram
Parents & Siblings
Raunak’s father, Alap Kamdar, is an architect and owner of the firm Alap Kamdar Architect. His mother, Kalpana Kamdar, is a physiotherapist. Raunak has a brother, Qasheesh Kamdar, who is also an architect. He has two sisters, Palna Shah and Preet Pankil Shah. Palna Shah is also an architect.
Raunaq is unmarried.
Raunaq Kamdar is in a relationship with Netri Sheth, a choreographer and dance teacher.
As an Architect
On 1 January 2011, Raunaq Kamdar started his career as an architect at Alap Kamdar Architect, an architect and interior designing firm owned by his father. Kamdar is a partner and director at Kamdar and Associates.
As an Actor
In 2001, Raunaq took part in Agatha Christie’s play The Verdict in which he played the role of Sir William Rollander. Subsequently, he played the secretary in the comedic one-act play The Apollo of Bellac (2002). He has played major roles in several plays like Just One More Time (2003), Grey (2004), 2B (2005), Waiting for Godot (2005), The Perspectives on the Cross (2009), Dakhla Tarike (2011), and Shukdaan (2012).
In 2013, Raunaq played a small role in the Hindi film ‘Kai Po Che!’ starring Sushant Singh Rajput. In an interview, while talking about getting a role in Kai Po Che!, Raunaq said,
When I was asked to work in Kai Po Che!, I said yes without any thought. I was excited to work in it thinking that since I do theatre, I will know more about the shooting and sets of the film. This small shoot in Ahmedabad gave me a big experience. Then in 2015, we shot Hutututu and since then the way for Gujarati films became and I kept working.”
Raunaq Kamdar made his Gujarati film debut with the film Hutututu: Aavi Ramat Ni Rutu in 2016 in which he played the role of Guru Valjibhai. In the same year, he played the role of Sumit in the Gujarati film Tuu to Gayo.
In 2018, he appeared as Ronak in the Gujarati musical comedy-drama Family Circus.
Subsequently, he appeared in the Gujarati films Have Thase Baap Re (2019), Order Order Out of Order (2019), Teacher Of The Year (2019), and 21mu Tiffin (2021). He gained immense popularity by playing the role of Kunal in the Gujarati film Naadi Dosh.
In the same year, he played the role of Viraj in the Gujarati film Chabutro. He has also appeared in Darshan Ashwin Trivedi’s Lakiro (2023).
Raunaq Kamdar made his digital debut with the Gujarati web series Chaskela (2021), which streamed on the OTT platform Oho Gujarati.
In 2023, he played the role of Sanjuoy Dholakia in the Hindi-language family-based comedy series Happy Family: Conditions Apply. The series streamed on Amazon Prime Video.
In 2017, he appeared as a judge for the annual personality contest at Nirma University. He has also appeared in the YouTube video When I Was Home Alone.
Raunaq has been featured in the TV commercial for Krios Modular Kitchens.
He has directed Frigyes Karinthy’s play The Refund. Raunaq has also produced several plays including Ismat Apa ke Naam, Katha Collage, Pune Highway, Class of 64, and The Interview. In 2021, he was featured in the music video of the Hindi song Kahin Na Lage Mann by Hardil Pandya.
- Co-star: Anjali Barot
- Style Icon: Arjun Rampal
- Food: Sabudana Khichdi
- Quote: It ain’t over till the fat lady sings
- Car: Mustang
- Colour: Black
- Shopping Destination: Dubai
- Perfume: Christian Dior Fahrenheit
- Raunaq Kamdar loves reading, travelling, and cooking in his leisure time.
- His family and friends fondly call him Q. Raunaq Kamdar – Facebook
- Raunaq Kamdar is often addressed as the Hrithik Roshan of Dholiwood.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and follows a strict workout regimen.
- Raunaq has a sweet tooth and loves to eat ice-creams and chocolates.
- He has a huge collection of glares.
- Raunaq is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- He is an eggitarian. Raunaq Kamdar – Instagram Raunaq Kamdar – Instagram
- An avid animal lover, Raunaq has a pet cat named Pablo.
- Raunaq admires Jackie Shroff.
- Kamdar has got a tattoo inked on his back.
- At the beginning of his career, Raunaq was slightly overweight. He worked hard to transform his body and lost around 15 kg of weight within a few months.
- In an interview, Raunaq revealed that the number 21 was very lucky for him. Talking about it, he said,
Last year was very joyful and exciting for me. The most important thing is to release the 21st Tiffin film in 2021 and simultaneously sign many new projects and start preparations for it. So 21 numbers are lucky numbers for me.”
- In 2019, Raunaq Kamdar was featured on the list of The Times’ 50 Most Desirable Men of India.
- He was named ‘Gujarat’s Most Desirable Man’ by Ahmedabad Times twice, first in the year 2019 and then in the year 2020.