Varun Badola is a famous Indian Television actor. He is the son of the veteran Bollywood actor Vishwa Mohan Badola.
Varun Badola was born on Monday, 7 January 1974 (age 45 years; as in 2019), in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He did his schooling from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya and Bharti Vidya Bhavan in Delhi. He completed his graduation from Pannalal Girdharlal Dayanand Anglo Vedic College, Delhi.
Family, Caste & Wife
He belongs to a Hindu family of Uttarakhand. His father is Vishwa Mohan Badola (actor and journalist), and his mother’s name is Susheela Badola. He has two sisters- Alka Kaushal and Kalindi Badola. Alka is a famous Bollywood and TV actress, and Kalindi is a radio jockey in Radio Mirchi.
Varun met Rajeshwari on the sets of the Indian musical game show ‘Antakshri’ in 2001. Later, they worked in a movie together in 2004. They started liking each other and decided to get married. On 19 April 2004, they got engaged and in the same year, they tied the knot. On 10 May 2010, Rajeshwari gave birth to a baby boy at the Benzer Hospital, Lokhandwala, and they named him Devagya Badola.
After graduating, Varun moved to Mumbai and started working as a costume coordinator with his sister’s production house. Later, he worked as an assistant director with Tigmanshu Dhulia for almost five years. He debuted in the Indian TV industry with the serial, ‘Banegi Apni Baat’ (1994). He did many famous daily soaps, which include Ek Aashaa (2000), Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand (2001), Aek Chabhi Hai Padoss Mein (2006), and Phir Subah Hogi (2012). His role as Neeraj Khanna in Koshish – Ek Aashaa (2000), which was aired on Zee TV, was critically acclaimed.
He has acted in various Bollywood movies like Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh (2005), Jai Ho (2014), Azhar (2016), and Fraud Saiyaan (2019). He was roped in for the Indian TV serial Mere Dad Ki Dulhan as lead with the actress Shweta Tiwari, aired on Sony TV.
- Actor: Naseeruddin Shah
- Film(s): Mughal-E-Azam (1960) and Sholay (1975)
- Sports: Cricket, Hockey, and Football
- Travel Destination: Ladakh
- His hobbies include playing cricket, singing, writing, and reading books.
- His school friends are the famous Indian cricketers- Rahul Sanghvi and Ajay Jadeja.
- Varun loves motorcycles, and his wish is to visit Ladakh on his bike.
- Varun and his wife acted together in the Hindi Theatre play, ‘Shabd Leela,’ based on Dr Dharamveer Bharati’s love letters.
- Varun and Rajeshwari love dogs, and they own a pet dog ‘Sargent.’