Vikas Manaktala is an Indian actor, who is best known for playing the role of Amardeep Huda in the TV series Left Right Left (2006) on SAB TV. In December 2022, he participated as the wild-card contestant in the Hindi television reality show Bigg Boss season 16 on Colors TV.
Vikas Manaktala, also spelt as Vikkas Manaktala Vikkas Manaktala – Facebook, was born on Friday, 10 February 1984 (age 38 years; as of 2022) in Tilak Nagar, New Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. Vikas completed his schooling at Mira Model School, New Delhi. He pursued his Bachelor of Commerce degree at the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, New Delhi, India. The Times of India He completed his Master of Arts degree from Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 6′
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 33″, Biceps 16″
Parents & Siblings
Vikas’s father’s name is Yashpal Manaktala. His mother’s name is Chanchal Manaktala. He has two sisters, Simmi Manaktala and Megha Manaktala.
Wife & Children
On 21 April 2015, Vikas got married to Gunjan Walia in Chandigarh.
In 2014, they got engaged in Delhi after being in a relationship for a few months. Gunjan was previously married to Sachin Verma, an actor, but they separated within a year of marriage in 2009.
In 2006, it was speculated that Vikas was in a relationship with his co-star, Priyanka Bassi, who played the role of Naina Singh Ahluwalia in the TV show Left Right Left. The two met on the set of the show, and reportedly, while shooting together, they started dating each other. In an interview, on being asked about his relationship with Priyanka, Vikas denied the rumours and said,
That’s not true. We are good friends and that chemistry reflects on screen.” DNA
Vikas Manaktala follows Hinduism.
Vikas Manaktala is a Khatri. Wikipedia
While studying in college, Vikas realised his passion for acting, and in 2002, he shifted to Mumbai, where he started modelling for various campaigns, fashion shows, shoots, and advertisements.
In 2006, Vikas made his acting debut with the television show Left Right Left on SAB TV in which he played the role of Amardeep “Amar” Huda.
In the same year, he was nominated for the Fresh New Face – Male category at the Indian Telly Awards for the TV show Left Right Left. In 2013, he played the role of Aditya Jagannath in the TV show Main Naa Bhoolungi on Sony TV.
In 2016, Vikas appeared as Neel Sharma in the show Yeh Hai Aashiqui on Bindass. In 2017, he appeared on Life OK in the show Ghulaam as Veer Pratap.
In 2019, Vikas appeared in three shows, Jhansi Ki Rani as Gangadhar Rao on Colors TV, Laal Ishq as Balveer on &TV, and Namah Lakshmi Narayan as Shiva on StarPlus.
In December 2022, he appeared as a wild card contestant in the Hindi reality show Bigg Boss season 16 on Colors TV.
Vikas has appeared in a few commercials for brands like Maruti Suzuki, Reid & Taylor, starring Amitabh Bachchan, and Videocon, starring Shah Rukh Khan. In 2019, he was featured in the music video Psycho on YouTube.
Made headlines for throwing tantrums on the set of the show Left Right Left
Reportedly, in 2006, Vikas made headlines for throwing tantrums on the sets while shooting for the TV show Left Right Left on SAB TV. Some sources revealed that he had unwanted fights with his female co-stars and due to his demands and temper, the shooting was stalled on a few occasions. A source revealed that while shooting for an important sequence, the production house asked Vikas to get into a particular costume, but he refused to wear it and demanded the costume of his choice. Later, his demand was not met by the production house, and he had to shoot with the costume assigned.
Filed an arbitration petition against producers of the show Left Right Left
In April 2008, Vikas Manaktala filed an arbitration petition at the Bombay High Court against the producers of his debut show Left Right Left, Tony Singh and Deeya Singh, who owned the production house DJ’s Creative Unit. Vikas claimed in his petition that in May 2006, he signed a one-year contract with the production house for the TV show Left Right Left. His contract was renewed on May 2007, but he was not called to shoot since November 2007. Vikas alleged that he was bound by the contract and was not able to work with other production houses. Further, he accused the producers of not paying his dues amounting to approximately Rs 28 lakh. The court issued a notice in favour of Vikas on 6 May 2008, which allowed him to work with other production houses. Mumbai Mirror
Feud with the co-star Aishwarya Sakhuja
In 2014, after the show Main Naa Bhulungi went on air on Sony TV, there were reports of constant arguments between Vikas Manaktala and Aishwarya Sakhuja. As per some sources, their disputes made Aishwarya helpless, and she even decided to quit the show. Not only Aishwarya, but Vikas had issues with his other co-star, Nigaar Khan. A source from the set talked about his behaviour on the set and said,
For the longest time, Vikas couldn’t get work because of his attitude and unprofessionalism. One expected him to be a changed person after so many years, but in vain. He continues to throw tantrums. He tried to guide Nigaar on how to enact her scenes, which didn’t go down well with her. A couple of unit members have quit the show because of him. He is demanding to the extent that he refused to take a regular shower after shooting in the swimming pool. Instead, he halted the shoot by four hours to check out the nearby hotels for shower.” The Times of India
Conflict with his co-star, Niti Taylor
Reportedly, in April 2017, Vikas got into a huge fight with his co-star, Niti Talyor, from the television show Ghulam. As per sources, Niti was not satisfied with the work of her make-up artist and Vikas agreed to share his makeup artist with Niti. However, the make-up artist attended Vikas first as the upcoming sequence was to be shot on him, which made Niti walk out of the set as she found it insulting. In an interview, Vikas talked about Niti’s behaviour on the sets and how it affected their shoot schedule and said,
Whatever happened shouldn’t have happened. There was no need to complicate things. I initiated a conversation with Niti the next day as I didn’t want the quality of the show to suffer. She apologised to me and also decided to render an apology to the producers.” DNA
- Film: Devdas (2002)
- Actor: Aamir Khan
- Director(s): Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Rakesh Omprakash Mehra
- Fashion Designer: Rohit Bal
- Actress(s): Kajol, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Beverage: Hot chocolate
- Vikas is fondly called Vikku and Vik by her friends and family members. Vikkas Manaktala – Instagram
- In an interview, Vikas said that during his school days, he aspired to become a scientist.
- In 2014, Vikas got a degree in Wing Chun, which is a Chinese martial art form.
- In March 2014, Vikas was forced to vacate his rented apartment in Mumbai after his show Main Naa Bhoolungi went on air on Sony TV in which he played the antagonist Aditya Jagannath. Vikas revealed that his landlady panicked after his character in the show turned negative and asked him to vacate her premises as soon as possible. The Times of India
- Vikas is a fitness enthusiast, and he often posts pictures of working out on social media.
- While studying in school, Vikas developed an interest in sports and played soccer and basketball at the national level.
- In an interview, Vikas talked about his religious belief and said that before any examination in school or college, he would visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in Connaught Place, Delhi, to seek blessings.
- In 2017, Vikas won the award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for the television show Ghulaam (2017) at the Boroplus Gold Awards.
- In 2017, while shooting for a sequence in the show Ghulaam on Life OK, Vikas whipped himself in real. Vikas, who played the role of Veer Pratap in the show, wanted to make the scene look genuine following which he hit himself with a whip in real. Later, after the sequence was shot, he had bruises all over his upper body, and he was immediately taken for medical help.
- Vikas has a pet dog, Oli Singh, and he often posts pictures of his pet on social media.
- Vikas’s hobbies include swimming, playing soccer, and basketball.
- Vikas follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Vikas is often spotted smoking cigars and consuming alcohol on various occasions. In an interview, Vikas revealed that he quit smoking and alcohol while shooting for the television show Namah Lakshmi Narayan in which he portrayed the character of Lord Shiva on StarPlus. Patrika
- Vikas, in an interview, said that he went for training at the Raigad Military School in Mumbai to prepare for the role of a cadet, Amardeep Huda, in the TV show Left Right Left.