Mohsin Khan is an Indian television actor who is best known for playing the role of ‘Kartik Goenka’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.”
Mohsin Khan was born on Saturday, 26 October 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019) in Nadiad, Gujarat. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
He did his schooling from Mumbai’s Children’s Academy and went to Thakur Polytechnic College to pursue Engineering. Thereafter, he pursued Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) from Mithibai College, Mumbai. Mohsin was a shy and a studious child. He topped his class in applied electronics and secured 80% in engineering. Although he never thought of becoming an actor, he always wanted to do something related to the entertainment world. While in college, he started writing scripts, making short films, and directing those short films.
Height (approx.): 5’ 9”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Mohsin Khan belongs to a Gujarati Muslim Family. Wikipedia He is a Pathan descendant. Pinkvilla His father’s name is Abdul Waheed Khan and mother’s name is Mehzabin Khan. He has a brother, Sajjad Khan (Sajju; actor) and sister, Zeba Ahmed.
Mohsin Khan was in a relationship with his “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” co-star, Shivangi Joshi. However, in November 2019, the rumours of their break up were doing rounds on the internet. Pinkvilla
Mohsin Khan started his career in 2014 as an assistant director with the film “Koyelaanchal.” He made his acting debut in 2014 by playing the role of ‘Jignesh’ in UTV Bindass’ show “Love by Chance.” Subsequently, he did a small role in the serial “Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi.” He played the role of ‘Ritesh’ in Stars Plus’ serial “Nisha Aur Uske Cousins.”
In 2016, Mohsin gained wide popularity by playing the role of ‘Kartik Goenka’ in the TV serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.”
In addition to acting, Mohsin has also featured in the commercials of many popular brands like “Limca,” “Safari,” “Apollo Hospital,” and “Micromax Mobile.”
In 2016, Mohsin landed into controversy for walking out of the sets of his show “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” and hampering the shoot, without giving any prior notice to the makers. Reportedly, he didn’t turn up for the shoot the next day either and even his phone was not reachable. Apparently, Mohsin was miffed with the producers of the show. Indian Express
Awards won for the TV serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai”
- Kalakar Award for ‘Best Actor’ (2018)
- Gold Award for ‘Best Onscreen Jodi’ along with Shivangi Joshi (2018)
- Gold Award for ‘Best Actor Male (Popular)’ (2019)
- Food: Bhindi, Pizza, Sea Food
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actresses: Cameron Diaz, Sana Shaikh
- Film: The Mask (1994)
- His hobbies include writing and travelling.
- He is a food buff and likes to try out new cuisines.
- Mohsin is fond of sweets.
- Mohsin doesn’t like to workout, instead prefers doing cycling and swimming.
- He ate Kachori (which is apparently the favourite snack of his character ‘Kartik’ in the serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai”) for the first time while shooting for his scene in the serial. Reportedly, Mohsin fell sick after that.
- His great-grandfather was a war hero. He fought the first world war.
- Mohsin is an avid animal lover and owns a cat named Furry.
- He is a huge Shah Rukh Khan fan and has watched all his films.
- At the age of 18, Mohsin received his first paycheque of Rs. 10,000 for featuring in the CEAT Tyres advertisement.
- Mohsin was an extremely shy kid in his childhood, so much that he had never talked to a girl until he entered college.
- He was too scared of the dogs earlier; as he was once bitten by a dog in his childhood.
- Mohsin is scared to ride a bike as he suffered a terrible bike accident early in his life. So, whenever the scenes in his show require him to ride a bike, either they use a body double or his bike is just pushed around.
- In 2015, there was a rumour of his death after the reports of a person with a similar name, who had drowned in a river, emerged.
- His serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” is the first show in the history of the Indian television to reach 3000 episodes.
View this post on Instagram
First time In the History of Indian Television A show copletes 3000 Episodes!!! YEH RISHTA TEAM started shooting on 11th September 2008 and exactly 11 years later on 11th Sep. 2019…We feel SO blessed ! Every single person infront and behind the camera have worked day n night right from d 1st day to make this happen. THANKYOU RAJANSIR FOR DREAMING OF SOMETHING SO MASSIVE AND FOR LETTING US BE A PART OF THAT DREAM.
- In November 2019, Mohsin reportedly refused to share the vanity (which they earlier used to share) with Shivangi Joshi post their breakup rumours. However, the actor later clarified that it was no such case. He said,
We were shooting for a fight sequence in which we had to get into mud. So, the vanity van section which I was provided with didn’t have a bathroom where I could take a shower and it was on the other side of the van. That’s why I asked the production to allot me the portion with bathing area. I have never demanded for a single door vanity van. In fact, today also I am sharing a vanity with Shivangi. All I can say is somebody is trying to divert attention from our hard work and prove us unprofessional.”
- During an interview, Mohsin revealed that he once tried to turn the gas on and escaped hurting his eyes in his childhood and ever since then, he was very scared of cooking.
- Mohsin did his first shoot for an advertisement. When the commercial got released on the television, Mohsin was hardly visible in it and after that, he decided not to do such advertisements further rather opt for a career in acting.