Solanki Roy is an Indian actress who works in Bengali television and web series.
Solanki Roy was born on Wednesday, 21 September 1994 (age 25 Years; as in 2019) in the Bidhannagar City (also known as Salt Lake City) of Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
She did her schooling from Bidhannagar Municipal School, Kolkata. She did Honours in Political Science from Bidhannagar College, Kolkata and pursued Masters in International Relations from Jadavpur University. After her marriage, she went to New Zealand to pursue further studies.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Her mother’s name is Ruma Bhattacharya. She has two brothers; one of her brothers’ name is Adhiraj Bhattacharya (Software Engineer).
She was rumoured to be in a relationship with her co-star, Vikram Chatterjee.
She got married to his long-term friend, Shakya Bose, a New Zealand-based banker, on 8 February 2018.
Solanki made her Television debut with the Bengali serial “Ichche Nodee” (2015-2017) as ‘Meghla Sen’. Her character in the serial received a lot of love from people and popularized her as ‘Meghla.’
She then did the serial called “Saat Bhai Champa” (2017) in which she played the role of ‘Paddabati.’ She made her Bengali web series debut with “Dhanbad Blues” (2018) and went on to appear in “Sin” and “Montu Pilot” (2019).
Awards & Achievements
- Tele Samman Award in 2015
- Priyo Notun Sodoshyo (female) for “Ichhenodi” in 2016
- Cuisines: Japanese, Bengali
- Dessert: Cake, Firni
- Travel Destination: Las Vegas
- Beverage: Tea
- She likes cooking, reading books, watching movies, listening to music, and travelling.
- She liked dancing since her childhood and has also learned Bharatanatyam dance. Later, she had to discontinue dance because of an injury in the lower back.
- While pursuing her bachelors, she taught arts stream subjects to the school students, and while pursuing her masters, she taught college students.
- During the first year of her graduation, she received her first salary by teaching arts stream subject to school students.
- When she was in the final year of her masters, a man came to their college, who announced that they wanted a lead for their upcoming serial and also announced the dates for auditions. Solanki thought of giving acting a try and went to the auditions. Shortly, after the auditions, she received a call telling her that she was selected for the show.
- In an interview, when asked whether she ever tried to steal money, Solanki replied-
Yes, I have stolen money from my Dad and I got caught but he did not say anything to me. And I still steal from my mother’s bag. Actually, my mother and I exchange bags. So, the money that remains in my mother’s bag becomes my money when I take her bag. In fact, my mother knows this.”
- She was introduced to her husband, Shakya through her childhood friend, Shounak, who lives in Germany.
- She likes to play the ukulele during her spare time.