Gautam Gulati is a popular Indian television and film actor. In 2014, he won the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 8.’
Gautam Gulati was born on Friday, 27 November 1987 (age 32 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He did his 11th and 12th class from L. S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce in Delhi. Later, he pursued his graduation from Hansraj College in Delhi. Medium
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Gautam Gulati was born in a Jatt or Khatri Hindu family. Wikipedia His mother’s name is Anurag Gulati. India.com His elder brother, Mohit Gulati is a businessman.
Earlier, Gautam was in a relationship with an Australian girl, but later, they broke up due to some personal issues. Hindustan Times
Reportedly, while he was in Bigg Boss 8 house, he was very close to his co-contestant, Diandra Sores. In an interview, he said,
Yes, during the show there was an attraction between me and Diandra, and we even kissed but then this is not a practical relationship… I’ve never shied away from speaking the truth so the truth is, this relationship is not possible. I’m much younger to her, and above all, I’ll never do something that my family doesn’t approve of.”
He started his career as a model and has worked in various modelling projects.
He debuted as an actor in the Ekta Kapoor’s mythological serial, ‘Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki’ (2008), in which he played the role of young Duryodhana. Reportedly, the show received huge criticism and is considered as one of the worst shows on the Indian television.
In the same year, he appeared in the Zee TV’s serial, ‘Kasamh Se,’ in which he played the role of ‘Varun Sahil Bali.’
He has appeared in a few TV commercials.
Later, he did cameo roles in the TV serials, ‘Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajna’ (2008) as Teji and ‘Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani’ (2010) as Shauraya Khanna; a gay character in the serial.
He came into the limelight with the popular TV serial, ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ (2011), in which he played the character of ‘Vikram Arun Rathi.’
Later, he quit the serial ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ (2011) to participate in the popular TV reality show, ‘Bigg Boss 8’ (2014). He got immense popularity and love from the audience, which made him win the trophy of ‘Bigg Boss 8.’
In 2014, he did two short films- ‘Darpok’ (Coward) and ‘Siddhartha- The Buddha.’ He is the first Indian television actor to attend the Cannes International Film Festival for the screening of his movie Darpok (Coward) in 2014.
Later, he appeared as a guest in various TV shows, like ‘India’s Next Top Model’ (2015), ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’ (2015), and ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ (2017).
In 2015, he was featured in the music video ‘Teddy Bear’ along with Kanika Kapoor and Ikka Singh.
He did cameo roles in the Bollywood films, ‘Azhar’ (2016) and ‘Behen Hogi Teri’ (2017).
His first Hindi web-series is ‘Operation Cobra’ (2019) in which he was seen as ‘Karan Singh’ (RAW Agent).
In 2020, he hosted the TV reality show, ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karoge,’ aired on Colors TV. He was roped in to play an important role in the Bollywood film ‘Radhe’ (2020) starring Salman Khan.
In Bigg Boss 8 house (2014), the intimate moments between Gautam and his co-contestant, Diandra Sores received huge criticism. Rediff
- Actor(s): Salman Khan and John Abraham
- Food: Rajma Chawal
- Sport: Football
- His family and friends call him Gauti. India Today
- His hobbies include dancing and gymming.
- In an interview, Gautam’s mother revealed that he is very concerned about his fitness and had abs since he was 17. DNA India
- When he was 22 years old, he worked with the legendary actor, Amitabh Bachchan in a TV advertisement.
- He is trained in dancing under the popular Indian choreographer, Shiamak Davar.
- In 2007, he auditioned for the popular TV reality show, ‘MTV Roadies 5.’ He made it to the final round, but in the last round, he was rejected.
- Before starting his acting career, he worked behind the camera in many films including Salman Khan‘s film ‘Veer’ (2010).
- He auditioned for the role of the male lead in the Bollywood film, ‘Aashiqui 2’ (2013).
- In 2019, he started his own fashion label in London with the name ‘Styled by GG.’
- He is one of the fittest and stylish TV actors in India and has won many style awards.
- He is one of the most popular contestants of Bigg Boss India. While he was in Bigg Boss 8 house (2014), his fans made an anthem for him ‘We Love We Love Gauti.’
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet. India Today
- He has featured on the cover of many popular magazines.
- He has walked the ramp in various renowned fashion shows.
- He is an avid dog lover.
- He has got a tattoo inked on his right arm.
- He owns a blue BMW car.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- He loves eating Nutella, and he even used to fight for it with his fellow contestants in the Bigg Boss House (2014).
- In an interview, he shared his #MeToo moment, he said,
It did happen to me! Somebody tried on me, way back 10 years ago. When I was 21 years old, somebody tried to misbehave and I completely went against that guy. Obviously, I was thrown out of the modelling shoot but I didn’t care. I anyway wanted to be an actor, so modelling wasn’t that imperative for me. So it was easy for me to do it (go against the harasser).”