Jai Wadhwani is a US-based product innovation professional. In August 2022, he came into the limelight after appearing in Netflix’s reality series The Indian Matchmaking.
Jai Prakash Wadhwani was born on Friday, 8 March 1985 (age 37 years; as of 2022) in Atlanta, Georgia. His zodiac sign is Pisces. In 2003, after completing his high school studies, he pursued a bachelor’s degree in economics at The University of Massachusetts Amherst, United States. In 2007, before pursuing MBA, he attended Brigham Young University, Idaho, where he pursued a non-degree course of independent study in finance and accounting. In 2008, he pursued a Doctor of Law, Advocacy at the Stetson University College of Law, Florida. In 2011, he pursued a Master of Business Administration at the Stetson University College of Law, Florida. In 2016, he did a software development and programming course at the UC Berkley Extension, United States.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Jai Wadhwani belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Jai Wadhani’s father, Prakash Wadhwani, was a Civil Engineer. On 1 April 2005, Prakash Wadhwani passed away. Jai Wadhwani’s mother’s name is Anu Wadhwani. He has two siblings named Neil Wadhwani and Shaan Wadhwani.
Jai Wadhwani is unmarried.
In 2020, he participated in Netflix’s reality show The Indian Matchmaking Season 1 in which he was paired with Houston’s attorney Aparna Shwekaramani; however, in the second season of the reality show, the couple revealed that they decided to remain friends. In an interview, Aparna Shwekaramani talked about her relationship with Jai Wadhwani and said,
Jay and I are still friends. We did not ever start any relationship together…The men I went on dates with are who I really call my friends today. And for me, that’s so special because we got to walk away with these friendships, and that’s priceless.”
On 12 July 2022, Jai announced his engagement with Stephanie Robbins.
Product Innovation Professional
In 2011, soon after completing his doctorate, he started working as a Marketing & Due Diligence Lead at TiE Boston, a member-based organisation. He worked there till 2013. In 2012, he joined IBM as its Product Marketing Manager and worked there till June 2014. In 2013, he established his debut app SetMeUp, a dating website. In an interview, Jai Wadhwani talked about his app and said,
We started 2 years ago with the fundamental idea that social accountability was missing in online dating. By connecting people through their mutual friends, we enable others to leverage their own social circle to build relationships. We launched our web app on Nov 1, 2013, with tremendous success, registering more than 20,000 users and 60 million viewable profiles in our database. Our mobile app is expected to release on March 8, 2014.” Global Dating Insights
In 2014, he co-founded AugoTV. AugoTV is a technology solution app. The same year, he founded Singled Out. Singled Out is a dating app that empowers women and eliminates the problems with essential apps like Tinder. Some of his other established apps are XO: Get Opinions Fast, a social discovery app, and the THEBARTrivia app. In an interview, he talked about his organisation and said,
We try to focus on connecting users face-to-face quickly, but with other people they can trust. If you really think about it, that’s an extremely difficult task, since trust is developed over time. Having friends validate a person is the most effective way to develop trust quickly because that’s exactly how it works in real life. You know, “offline” dating. Global Dating Insights
In February 2016, he joined LinkedIn as its product manager. He worked with the organisation till March 2019. Subsequently, in 2019, he started working as a senior product manager in Pandora, an audio discovery platform. The same year, he established countertops, an organisation that deals with works of art with epoxy. Subsequently, in 2021, he started working as a principal product manager at an omnichannel retail company and worked with the organisation till June 2022. In June 2022, Jai started working at LinkedIn as its senior product manager.
The Indian Matchmaking
In 2020, Jai Wadhwani made his digital debut by participating in Netflix’s reality series The Indian Matchmaking season 1. In the show, matchmaker Sima Taparia assists clients in the United States and India in the arranged marriage process. He again participated in the second season of the show in 2022. In an interview with a media house, Jai Wadhwani revealed that in the second season, he reunited with Houston’s attorney Aparana Shwekaramani. He said,
It’s like, who knows? There’s still hope. There wasn’t a clear reason why we stopped talking. It was more just that we lived in different cities. I’m not saying that this is going to happen—but from my perspective, it’s not off the table.”
- In 2016, he received the Most creative award for the team presentation at the GCO Summit.
- In 2017, he received Top of the Charts Awards for self-serve page deactivation.
- In 2017, he received Member’s First Award for the one-click cP creation and claim process.
- In 2018, he received performance awards on 16 different occasions.
- Jai Wadhwani’s SETMEUp dating app was featured in many renowned newspapers like Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, the Daily Collegian, the Washington Post, the Daily Mirror, and The Daily Mail. It was also featured on the cover page of the Improper Bostonian, a Boston lifestyle magazine. Jai Wadhwani – LinkedIn
- In 2018, he started pursuing a Master of Science in Analytics and Machine Learning; however, he dropped out in the second year of the course due to his busy schedule.
- Jai Wadhwani received Nierenberg Academic Scholarship for the highest academic improvement and Hope Scholarship through which his tuition fees were paid in full – zero student debt.
- Jai Wadhwani, in a LinkedIn post, said that he had developed various apps; however, he never launched them. He quoted,
I love the side-hustle. I’m constantly talking to entrepreneurs to identify areas where I can help and understand what’s trending. I’ve even built apps that haven’t launched yet.” Jai Wadhwani – LinkedIn
- In an interview, he shared that he likes studying relationship psychology in his leisure time. He also pursued a non-degree course on relationship psychology at the Harvard Extension School, Cambridge. In a conversation with a media house, he talked about his interest in relationship psychology and shared that he writes as a relationship correspondent for AskMen.com. He quoted,
I’ve always had a passion for relationship psychology. I’ve studied how to build attraction into meaningful relationships by sharing experiences for the last ten years. I wrote as a Relationship Correspondent for AskMen.com and have been published in front of 7 million people.
- In a media interview, Jai Wadhwani discussed the online dating industry and said that the dating app Tinder is a friendly dating service.
I guess I would say Tinder, but for one reason in particular. They did what I always wanted to do, but quicker – they proved college students would use dating apps. The problem with Tinder, however, is that the stigma has now evolved into hookup dating. That works for some people, but for most it doesn’t. Even the people that want to hookup don’t blatantly express that intention. As a result nobody trusts anybody else and the whole system falls apart.”
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions. Jai Wadhwani – Instagram
- Jai Wadhwani is a dog lover and has a pet dog named B. He frequently shares pictures of his pet dog on social media.