Chitra Tripathi is an Indian journalist, producer, and a scriptwriter. As in 2019, she is working as the ‘Deputy Editor and Anchor’ at the popular news channel “Aaj Tak.”
Chitra Tripathi was born on 11 May 1986 (33 years; as in 2019) in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She hails from a middle-class religious family.
She did her schooling from A. D. Govt. Girls Inter College and went to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University to pursue her post graduation in Defence Studies. She wanted to join the Indian army and had never thought of becoming a journalist. Once she participated as an NCC cadet and received a gold medal at the Republic Day Parade in Delhi.
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 65 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Chitra belongs to a Brahmin Family. Not much is known about her parents. She has two younger brothers, Amit Tripathi and Aditya Tripathi. She also has a younger sister, Shweta Tripathi, who is a news anchor.
Chitra got married to her longtime boyfriend, Atul Agarwal, a news anchor, on 23 November 2008. The couple has a son, Aum.
Chitra started her career as a journalist with the “Doordarshan Centre” in Gorakhpur. Next, she worked briefly with “ETV” and “News 24.” After that, she joined Sahara Samay as news anchor and producer. Chitra, then, moved to “India News” where she worked as an Associate Editor and Prime Time News Anchor. She hosted the flagship show of the channel titled ‘Betiyan.’ While working at the India News, Tripathi received a letter of appreciation from the Indian army for her story ‘Hindustan Ka Mission Jai Hind.’ In 2016, Chitra joined “A.B.P. News” and earned wide recognition by hosting shows like ‘2019 Kaun Jeetega’ ‘Kaun Banega Mukhiyamantri’ ‘Modi Ke 4 Saal’ and the weekly show ‘Press Conference.’
View this post on Instagram
#प्रेसकॉन्फ्रेंस का स्पेशल एडीशन,आज शाम 7 बजे @abpnewshindi पर- MP इलेक्शन के बाद पहली बार @ChouhanShivraj का एक्सक्लूसिव इंटरव्यू- शिवराज की हार में भी जीत है? विपक्षी गठबंधन का दूल्हा क्यों ढूंढ रहे हैं शिवराज? MP में हार का कौन जिम्मदार? @BJP4India @narendramodi @AmitShah
On 11 February 2019, she resigned from her position from the “A.B.P. News” and joined the popular news channel “Aaj Tak” as the Deputy Editor and Anchor.” There she hosted the show ‘Desh Tak.’
In 2016, Chitra registered a complaint against her husband for domestic violence at the sector 24 Police Station in Noida. However, the issue was later resolved by the couple.
- Ramnath Goenka Excellence In Journalism Award (2016)
- NCC Achievers Award (2018)
- Actress: Rekha
- Writer: Harishankar Parsai
- Her hobbies include reading novels, travelling, cooking, and gymming.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Chitru.
- Chitra follows a vegetarian diet.
- Tripathi resides at Supertech Eco Village -1 Residential Apartment, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Chitra was one of the 55 women whom PM Narendra Modi followed on Twitter on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
- Chitra did midnight reporting for A.B.P. News in which she covered the story of a village in Uttar Pradesh where there was no electricity at the entire village but only the house of a BJP’s MLA was lit up. Post her coverage, the Electricity Minister of the UP Government rooted the electricity poles in the village within 3 days and the villagers experienced electricity for the first time after independence.
- Chitra was also seen reporting while driving the Bullet Bike at the Kumbh which was very much liked by the audience.