Hemangi Kavi Dhumal Facebook is an Indian actress who mainly works in Marathi films. She is known for the Marathi films “Gadad Jambhal (2017)” and “Savita Damodar Paranjpe (2018).”
Hemangi Kavi was born on Tuesday, 26 August 1980 (age 41 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
She did her schooling at Mumbai’s Sahkar Vidya Prasarak Mandal Secondary School (SVPM) and went to Mumbai’s Sir J J School of Art to pursue Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) (Class of 2003). Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her parents. She has a sister named Vaishali Kavi and a brother named Kishor Kavi.
Relationships & Husband
Hemangi got married to Sandeep Dhumal (Cinematographer) on Tuesday, 25 December 2007.
After completing her graduation, she did a web designing course and started working as a web designer in a private company. However, she lost her interest in the job with time and left it. Hemangi then switched to theatre and took part in the play “Shame to Shame.” Thereafter, she worked in the play “Many Happy Returns.”
Hemangi made her television debut in 2013 with the Marathi comedy show “Fu Bai Fu.”
In 2019, she played the role of ‘Ragini Shinde’ in the Marathi TV serial “Mrs. Mukhyamantri.”
Thereafter, she appeared in the TV serial “Maddam Sasu Dhaddam Sun” (2020). In 2021, she made her Hindi TV debut by playing the role of ‘Urmila’ in Star Bharat’s TV serial “Teri Laadli Main.”
Hemangi made her film debut in 2008 with the Marathi film “Rangee Berangee.” Subsequently, she appeared in the Marathi films “Dhudgus” (2008), “Manatlya Manat” (2009), “Kon Aahe Re Tikade” (2010), and “Davpech” (2011).
- Sakalpapurti Puraskar (2010)
- Swami Vivekanand Puraskar (2011)
- Fruit: Mango
- Outfit: Saree
- Ornaments: Silver Kada and Anklets
- Colour: White
- Singer: Kishore Kumar
- Hemangi is fond of traditional silver jewellery.
- She had a great interest in painting since childhood. The first painting that she ever made was of Lord Ganesha.
- She has a YouTube channel named ‘KaviHunMain Hemani Kavi’ in which she posts videos related to Make Up Tutorials. The channel was started in November 2020.
- During an interview, when asked if she had faced any backlash from her family for becoming an actress, Hemangi said,
By god’s grace, I have not faced any such situation. My father and sister always supported me. When I started my career my mother was a little upset but later she believed in me. My in-laws and husband have also been very supportive.”
- While talking about being a part of the Hindi TV show “Teri Laadli Main” in an interview, Hemangi said,
I am very excited to be a part of the show. Initially, the audience might think that it is a story of a mother-daughter duo, however, it is not only about them but there are a lot of layers and variations to the storyline which will entertain audiences and keep them hooked. The topic of the serial is very sensitive. There is a strong message in this show. When I was asked for the role, I immediately accepted it. I am happy to play a strong character on screen. The treatment for the topic is a little different in the serial.”