Siddharth Chandekar is an Indian actor, who is known for working in Marathi films and TV serials. He is known for playing the role of Ani in the Marathi film ‘Classmates’ (2015).
He did his schooling at Seth Dagaduram Katariya English Medium High School, Pune, Maharashtra. He then attended Sir Parashurambhau College, Pune. Later, he studied at the University of Pune. Facebook – Siddharth Chandekar
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
In August 2023, he arranged a second marriage of his mother Seema Chandekar, who owns a sweet shop named Seema Foods. His sister, Sumedha Anup Kshirsagar, works as a senior associate student enrichment at The Akanksha Foundation.
Wife & Children
On 21 January 2021, Siddharth got married to the Indian actress Mitali Mayekar. Earlier, the couple met on the sets of a TV show. They then started chatting through their social media accounts. Initially, they became good friends, and in 2018, they started dating each other. After dating for a few months, the couple moved into a live-in relationship. In 2019, the couple got engaged, and in 2021, the couple got married. The Times of India
In 2014, there were rumours that after dating Mugdha Paranjpe, an assistant to a producer at Dashami Creations/Studioz LLP, for around seven years, the couple got separated. The duo first met during a TV show where Mugdha was a contestant and Siddharth was a host. The Times of India
In 2008, he made his Bollywood debut with ‘Humne Jeena Seekh Liya’ in which he played the role of Ashwin.
He made his Marathi film debut with the film ‘Zenda’ in 2010. He played the role of Umesh Jagtap in the film.
Some of his other Marathi films are ‘Dusari Goshta’ (2014), ‘Classmates’ (2015), ‘Lost and Found’ (2016), ‘Bus Stop’ (2017), and ‘Jhimma’ (2021).
In 2009, he made his TV debut with the Marathi TV serial ‘Agnihotra’ in which he played the role of Neel Chintamanu Agnihotri.
Some of his other Marathi TV serials are ‘Madhu Ethe An Chandra Tithe’ (2011; Zee Marathi), ‘Jeevlaga’ (2019; Star Parvah), and ‘Sanga Tu Aahes Ka’ (2020; Star Pravah).
TV Mini-Series/Web Series
Chandekar has appeared in a few Hindi TV mini-series like ‘Anolkhi Disha’ (2011; Star Pravah), ‘Manatlya Manat’ (2019; Shemaroo Me), ‘Adhantari’ (2021; MX Player), ‘Mann Hi Mann Mein’ (2021; Disney+ Hotstar), and ‘City of Dreams Season 2’ (2021; Disney+ Hotstar).
In 2013, he acted in the Marathi short film ‘Pradosh.’ He has been featured in TV commercials for various brands like Dabur Red toothpaste and Cotton King.
He has also hosted a few TV shows like ‘Apsara Aali’ (2018; Zee Marathi) and ‘Mi Honar Superstar’ (2020; Star Pravah).
- 2019: Nominated for Most Popular Supporting Actor in a Web Series for Mayanagari – City of Dreams
- 2022: Won Best Anchor for ‘Mi Honar Superstar’ at Puraskar 2022
- At the beginning of his career, he joined a theatre group named Sudarshan Rangmanch, Pune. From there, he developed an interest in acting and decided to make his career in acting.
- He is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Dora.
- In his leisure time, he loves doing photography, reading books, travelling, and doing adventure sports.
- He is a spiritual person and often visits various religious places.
- In 2017 and 2018, he was ranked second in the Most Desirable Men of Maharashtra by The Times of India. In the same list, he was ranked 18th in 2019 and 11th in 2020. In The Times of India’s Top 15 Most Desirable Men on Marathi Television, he was ranked 4th in 2020. The Times of India
- He is often spotted smoking cigarettes.
- He regularly works out at a gym to maintain his fitness. He once shared his weight loss journey on his social media account. He shed around 16 kg in 6 months and reduced his body weight from 103 kg to 87 kg. The Times of India