Madhu Akhouri Chopra is an Indian businesswoman, film producer, and a physician who has served the Indian Army for several years. She is the mother of the popular actress, Priyanka Chopra.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Madhu Chopra was born on Monday, 16 June 1958 (age 61 years; as in 2019) in Jharkhand, India. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She began her career as a doctor in the Indian Army. Being a physician, Madhu, stayed at different places in India including Bareilly, Ambala, Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Pune, and Ladakh. Apart from being a doctor, she is also a film producer and has produced films like “Bam Bam Bol Raha Hai Kashi” (2016), “Ventilator” (2016), “Sarvann” (2017), “Pahuna: The Little Visitors” (2017), “Kaashi Amarnath” (2017), and “Firebrand” (2019). Madhu runs a cosmology centre called “Studio Aesthetique” which is located in Vile Parle West, Mumbai. Her son, Siddharth is one of the directors of her studio.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Madhu Chopra belongs to a Hindu Family. She is the daughter of Dr. Manohar Kishan Akhouri and Madhu Jyotsna Akhouri. She has 3 sisters and one brother.
Madhu Chopra was married to Ashok Chopra, doctor. Her husband died of cancer in 2013. She has a daughter, Priyanka Chopra (actress) and a son, Siddharth Chopra (chef). Her daughter, Priyanka is married to Nick Jonas (American singer and actor).
- Food: Eggs, Chinese Food
- Colours: White, Pink
- Travel Destination: New York
- Her hobbies include travelling and singing.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- She is also spotted smoking cigarettes.
- Reportedly, she ran away from her home to become a doctor in the Indian armed forces.
- Madhu is a certified pilot.
- She has 8 different medical certifications.
- Madhu is fluent in 9 different languages.
- Madhu is a supporter of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- In 2019, she participated in the Mumbai Marathon.
- Madhu is also a director of the Purple Private Resort in Mumbai.
- The Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra is her husband’s niece.
- In 2019, Madhu received Times Health Excellence Award for “Excellence In Aesthetics.”