Dali Benssalah is a French-Algerian actor known for movies such as No Time to Die (2021), Athena (2022), and Nox (2018).
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
He belongs to a family of Algerian descent.
Parents & Siblings
Dali belongs to a business family.
Wife & Children
He is not married.
Films, Short Films, and TV
His career began on the theatre stage, transitioning to the realm of film and television in 2013. He made his TV debut with Petits secrets entre voisins and his first short film was Salade Tomates Oignons (2017). He collaborated with renowned names such as Mabrouk El Mechri on ‘Nox’, Louis Garrel on ‘A Faithful Man’, and Kery James and Leïla Sy on ‘Street Flow’. He also worked with Rebecca Zlotowski on the series ‘Savages’. In 2021, he played Primo in the latest James Bond installment, ‘No Time to Die’.
The following year, he was involved in several projects. He was featured in Yohan Manca’s ‘My Brothers and I’, which was selected for Un Certain Regard. He also appeared in Manuel Schapira’s ‘Tropic of Violence’ and Romain Gavras’ ‘Athena’, both of which were selected for the Venice Film Festival.
Additionally, he lent his voice to the character of Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Spotify podcast ‘Batman Autopsie’.
In 2023, his notable performances included roles in Ursula Meier’s ‘The Line’ (which premiered at Berlinale 2022), Jeanne Herry’s ‘Je verrai toujours vos visages’, and ‘The Last Queen’ where he portrayed Aroudj Barberousse. The latter film, directed by Damien Ounouri and Adila Bendimerad, was featured in the Giornate degli Autori section of the Venice Film Festival.
Dali appeared in a music video named Territory by the band, The Blaze in 2017.
- Actress: Marina Fois
- Filmmaker: David Fincher
- After rising to fame, Dali has become a fashion icon for many and has been featured in several magazines like Esquire, Vanity Fair, etc.
- Dali was selected in the film Atthena after the director saw him in a music video that was shot in Algiers and was produced by ICONOCLAST. The director had also worked with ICONOCLAST before. Thus, Dali did not have to go through a traditional auditioning round before he landed the role.
- According to Dali, the best thing about being an actor is to follow someone else’s life story. For him, it is an “ego trip.” He has related being on a movie set as a similar experience to being the same as on a stage.
- Dali wanted to be a pilot when he was younger.
- During his childhood, he started learning Muay Thai, a form of martial art, and became a professional at it. This was before he joined drama school. He also likes to do other kinds of sports like boxing, Aïkido, and Karaté. One of Dali’s hobbies is playing football.
- He is also a dancer and likes to dance in freestyle. Music is one of his other passions and he likes percussion instruments like drums, xylophone, and piano, etc.
- Dali likes to drink alcohol on several occasions. He especially likes having cocktails and wine. Daily Motion