Sonampreet Kaur Bajwa, better known as Sonam Bajwa, is an Indian model and actress who mainly works in Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu cinema. She rose to fame with her lead role of ‘Jeeti’ in the Punjabi movie “Punjab 1984.”
Sonam Bajwa was born on Wednesday, 16 August 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Nanakmatta, Rudrapur, Uttarakhand. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Sonam attended Rudrapur’s Jaycees Public School and went to the University of Delhi to pursue her graduation. After completing her graduation, Sonam started working as an air hostess. Sonam always wanted to take up modelling as a career. She wanted to become Miss India. In 2012, she participated in Femina Miss India beauty pageant. Though Sonam didn’t win the title, she was one of the finalists of the competition. Subsequently, she received an offer for her first film.
Height (approx.): 5’ 7”
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Sonam Bajwa was born into a Sikh Family.
She has a deep faith in Jesus Christ. She was earlier believed to have been converted to Christianity, but Sonam, through a tweet, revealed that she was not a Christian.
Both her parents are teachers. Her mother’s name is Ritu Bajwa. She has a twin brother, Jaideep Bajwa. She is very close to her maternal grandmother.
Sonam was rumoured to have been dating the Indian cricketer, KL Rahul. Times Now News
Sonam Bajwa started her acting career in 2013 with the Punjabi film “Best of Luck” in which she played the role of ‘Simran.’ Next, she made her Tamil film debut with the film “Kappal.”
Sonam shot to fame after playing the role of ‘Jeeti’ in the Punjabi film “Punjab 1984.”
Her Telugu film debut came in the year 2016 with the film “Aatadukundam Raa.”
Some of her popular Punjabi films include “Nikka Zaildar,” “Manje Bistre,” “Carry on Jatta 2,” “Guddiyan Patole,” and “Muklawa.”
In 2019, she made her Bollywood debut with the film “Bala” by making a special appearance in the song ‘Naah Goriye.’ In addition to films, Sonam has also featured in the TV commercials of many popular brands like “Monte Carlo,” “Dish TV,” and “Garnier Fructis.”
- Fruit: Mango
- Ice-cream: Mango Ice-cream
- Actor(s): Aamir Khan, John Abraham, Fawad Khan
- Singer: Lady Gaga
- Film(s): Taare Zameen Par (2007), The Holiday (2006)
- Song: ‘Aane Wala Pal Jane Wala Hai’ from the film “Gol Maal” (1979)
- Quote: “Winning doesn’t always mean coming 1st, it means you have done better than before.” by Bonnie Blair
- Sportsman: M. S. Dhoni
- App(s): Instagram, Snapchat
- Her hobbies include travelling, dancing, and shopping.
- Sonam follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- When asked in an interview about one thing that she could never do for any project, Sonam replied,
I’ll never do a kissing scene for any film, even if it is for a Hindi film. In fact, that’s one of the reasons why I have not been doing Hindi films…because every second film in Bollywood has a requirement of a kissing scene.”
- Sonam was once shortlisted to cast opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the Bollywood film “Happy New Year.” However, the role later went to Deepika Padukone.
- Apparently, Sonam got a little late to join the social media bandwagon and by the time she tried to create her accounts on Twitter and Facebook, someone else had already taken that username. She, then, created a Twitter account under the name “bajwasonam.”
- Sonam is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Sonam is fond of dogs and has a pet dog, Simba.
- Bajwa is good friends with the Indian actress, Kaajal Jain.
- Sonam once revealed in an interview that her first income was of Rs. 8,500 that she had earned from her first modelling assignment.
- Sonam Bajwa was earlier mistaken to be a relative of the Punjabi actress, Neeru Bajwa, however, she revealed in an interview that she was not related to Neeru at all.
- She has got a ‘Jesus’ tattoo inked on her left hand’s ring finger.
- In an interview in May 2023, Sonam revealed that she was bullied by her relatives for her dark skin colour while growing up as a kid. She said,
When I was growing up as a kid, I was bullied for my skin color because as a Punjabi, I was not gori chitti (fair) enough.”
She also said that during the initial days of her acting career, she was sidelined in the Punjabi film industry. The actress said,
People have sidelined me, and that too at an age, where you don’t understand why they were doing this. In the industry, when I was shunned and big and successful celebs were given importance.” Hindustan Times
|↑1||Times Now News|
Sonam Bajwa is fantastic actress hope to see her more in Tamil movies. God bless you Sonam
I heard sometime back that she was getting married, Is she now married, if so who is she married to?