Shriya Sharma is a Bollywood actress who began her acting career as a child artiste and earned fame for her role of Sneha Bajaj in StarPlus’s hit TV serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004-2005).
Shriya Sharma was born on Wednesday, 9 April 1997 (age 23 years; as of 2020) in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh. Shriya went to Lokhandwala Foundation School (2003–2013) where she studied till 10th standard, and then she attended RN Podar School CBSE (2013-2015) till 12th standard, both in Mumbai. She then pursued a Bachelor of Legal Science & Bachelor of Law at Pravin Gandhi College from 2015-2020. LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Shriya’s father, Vikas Sharma, is an engineer, and her mother, Ritu Sharma, is a dietitian. She has one younger brother, Yajat Sharma.
Shriya started working as an actor at the age of four. Her debut role was of Lord Krishna on Zee TV’s show ‘Kanhaiya’ in 2001. Her most prominent role was in ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ as young Sneha Bajaj, for which she earned many laurels.
Shriya was seen in StarPlus’s game show ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain’ in 2008, where she and four other students (Dheirya Sorecha, Anubhav Motilal, Siporna Ghosal, and Milanjeet Singh) helped contestants to win a prize of Rs 5 crores. The show was hosted by Shah Rukh Khan, and he often lovingly called Shriya his ‘princess’ during the show.
As of 2020, Shriya has 18 films and many TV shows under her belt. She has done innumerable commercials for brands like Sunfeast pasta, Whirlpool, Relaxo footwear, and Complan.
Shriya predominantly works in South Indian films, and she made her debut with films, Jai Chiranjeeva (2005; Telugu), Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (2006; Tamil), and Soundarya (2007; Kannada). She was also seen as a child artist in other South Indian films like Robo, Raccha, Tuneega Tuneega, and Dookudu.
Her debut as a lead actress was in the South Indian film Gayakudu, directed by Kamal G in 2014. Shriya was also seen as a lead actress in the film ‘Nirmala Convent (2016)’ alongside South Indian superstar Meka Srikanth’s son Roshan. Though the film was not received well by the audience, Shriya’s performance earned her a lot of positive response.
Apart from South Indian movies, Shriya has also acted in Bollywood movies like ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic’ (with Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji), ‘Knock Out’ (with the late Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan), and the 2011 Bollywood film ‘Chillar Party’.
In an interview, after winning the National Film Award for her role of Toothpaste in ‘Chillar Party,’ she said,
I have acted as a child artiste in nearly 15 films so far and plenty of other TV commercials in Tamil and Hindi in the past 13 years but at one point of time, I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to be an actress. But then, in 2012, I won the national award for my role in Chillar Party and that changed my life completely. That’s when I realized that I have it in me to become an actress.”
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- 2004 (Winner): STAR Parivaar Award for Favourite Chhota Bachcha, Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004)
- 2004 (Winner): Indian Telly Award for Best Child Actress, Kasautii Zindagii Kay (2004)
- Singer: Selena Gomez
- Song: “Good For You” by Selena Gomez
- TV Series: Friends (1994-2004)
- Travel Destination: Switzerland
- Colour: Red
- Footwear: Heels
- Fashion Trend: Off Shoulder
- Superhero: Krrish
Shriya owns a red Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
- Shriya is a bright student, and she scored 95% in 10th standard and 91% in 12th standard.
- Apart from studies, Shriya is also good at sports such as basketball and football. Before getting into acting, she was also trained as a national level swimmer.
- Shriya is an experienced law graduate who has interned in top law firms of the country, non-profit organizations, and International organizations. Shriya was also seen escorting Indian Minister of Law Ravi Shankar Prasad at the SIAC-India Summit.